Van: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Namens Mark Post
Verzonden: dinsdag 2 december 2008 23:00
Aan: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Onderwerp: Re: Oracle, zlinux, and virtualization

>>> On 12/2/2008 at  4:40 PM, "Harder, Pieter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Is there anywhere public you can point to for a business case? There seem to
> be loads of statements like yours, but it is real hard to find convincing
> evidence to show to management persons.

The Province of Quebec gave presentations at several IBM System z Expo and
SHARE conferences on their experiences in this area, and how they were going to
tackle WebSphere next, and for the same reasons.  I seem to recall they
recouped the entire cost of their z9 within a year (or two at the most).

How to Rise Above the Challenges of Deploying z/VM and Linux on the Mainframe
and Thrive
http://linuxvm.org/Present/SHARE108/S9230.pdf

Building a strong z/VM and Linux on the mainframe architecture
http://linuxvm.org/Present/SHARE108/S9231.pdf

Then there's the case study I did on a customer that went with discrete
hardware systems running Oracle and wasted millions of dollars:
Choose the Right Architecture and Save Millions - A Customer Case Study
http://linuxvm.org/Present/SHARE110/S9205mp.pdf

Brabant Water N.V.
Postbus 1068
5200 BC  's-Hertogenbosch