PMFJI

On my smaller Oracle 10g R2, under SLES 10 SP2, with OEM running, I've been
able to get the SGA down to 140 MB, with PGA of 16 MB.  This can run in a vsize
of 600 MB with dual prioritized vdisk for swapping.

There are a lot of smaller applications, that don't need GB databases <G>.  And
as we scale up, they can get more memory, WHEN, it is proven that they need it.
 The rules of thumb from the Intel side, just don't apply with the mainframes.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

>>> Richard Gasiorowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 12/3/2008 9:59 AM >>>
Chris,

Doesn't say much I was looking for avrage instance size and were you able
to decrease SGA sizes?  Stuff like that

'Where ever you go - There you are!! '
Richard (Gaz) Gasiorowski
Global Solutions & Technology
Principal Lead Infrastructure Architect
CSC
3170 Fairview Park Dr., Falls Church, VA 22042
845-773-9243 Work|845-392-7889 Cell|[EMAIL PROTECTED]|www.csc.com

delivery.
purpose.

"Little, Chris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>
12/03/2008 10:33 AM
Please respond to
Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Oracle, zlinux, and virtualization

http://www.vm.ibm.com/linux/serverco.pdf

Slide 9 has information on Oklahoma Department of human services.  It's
a little dated, but it's what we experienced back then.