> Realistically, is there a reason why ANY error code from an OSA should
not
> issue a meaningful message? I mean, after all, you (IBM) control the
error
> code set, and it's not like cryptic error messages are a virtue, even
in the
> Unix world...

David,

I agree with you. But most of the error codes indicate programming
errors, which should be reported to us. It is an ongoing effort for us
to identify those "real" error codes, which are not caused by code
problems, and to come up with a meaningful message for them (like the
error code 0xf6 discussed in this thread).

Regards, Ursula Braun, IBM Germany