Tore Agblad wrote:

>To have this working in SLES10 :
>We set a number of FKeys in the VM profile to for example: IPNR=1.2.3.4
>and MASK=255.255.255.0 and GATEWAY=1.2.3.0 and so on.
>Then we get these values via vmcp in /etc/init.d/boot.local, and sets the
>ipconfig values.
>And whatever you need or want to set here.
>This also makes it easy to move servers around in different
>network(security)zones, just
>change in the VMprofile and reboot.

That's a very clever way of doing it.   You are basically making CP environment
variables with the SET PF command.

We use the cmsfs package and read the 191 disk for the parms.   Your way would
eliminate needing that package and some overhead.

Would be nice if CP really did have user environment variables :)

Marcy