one more view -
3 of my great uncles were marines - 1 in 1918, WW1 in France. The other 2
in the Pacific in WW2.
All 3 agreed that the terms SNAFU and FUBAR were in general use by the
enlisted Marines even before their time(s).
Was the subject of several memorable conversations at family reunions where
some of the "gentler" family members got offended and left the outdoor
festivities to the "rougher" members - and us wide-eyed young boys.
Was probably a similar saying in use in every military back to the Sumerian
and pre-Confuscian days.

             Scott Rohling
             <scott.rohl...@gm
             ail.com>                                                   To
             Sent by: Linux on         LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
             390 Port                                                   cc
             <linux-...@vm.mar
             IST.EDU>                                              Subject
                                       Re: OT (was Re: RHEL 5.4 Beta is
                                       out in the wild)
             07/02/2009 03:10
             PM

             Please respond to
             Linux on 390 Port
             <linux-...@vm.mar
                 IST.EDU>

Isn't that snafu -- situation normal all fouled up?

Scott

send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or