Subject: Re: HCPGIR450W and HCPGIR453W after editing user direct
From: Berry van Sleeuwen <berry.vansleeu...@xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, November 04, 2010 7:57 pm
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU

Are you even running DIRMAINT? I guess not, since you use a directory on
MAINT. But if you are then it could be your directory is now replaced
with an old (probably incorrect) version.

Actually you didn't need to IPL VM. Once you put the directory online it
is available. So delete the IPL step from the instruction. Or change the
instruction, do not IPL VM, IPL the guest (either xautolog or logon).

Just guessing here, I'd expect that you do not have all required DASD
attached to SYSTEM after the IPL. Look at the guest minidisk config in
the DIRECT USER. All volumes should be available. For instance:

MDISK 100 3390 aaaa bbbb VMVOL1 MR

Disk 100 is located on volume VMVOL1. So VMVOL1 should be attached to
system. "QUERY DASD VMVOL1". If not, "ATTACH xxxx SYSTEM". Perhaps the
100 disk is available but the 101 is missing. Just check all MDISK
statements.

Look at the free and offline DASD volumes. "QUERY DASD FREE" and "QUERY
DASD OFFLINE". Any volume that is needed in this VM should be attached
to system instead of free.

Hope this helps.
Regards, Berry.