From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of van
Sleeuwen, Berry
Sent: Friday, 5 November 2010 6:49 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: HCPGIR450W and HCPGIR453W after editing user direct

Shane,

An IPL doesn't clear the (virtual) hardware environment of the guest,
and that's the way it should be. For instance, when I test a new CMS I
can link the MAINT 490 instead of the 190. Or when I need a bit more
storage to edit a large CMS file I can use DEF STOR to increase my
default. I do not want to have that reset when I IPL the machine.

Regards, Berry.