On Thursday, 11/04/2010 at 07:56 EDT, Berry van Sleeuwen
<berry.vansleeu...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Are you even running DIRMAINT? I guess not, since you use a directory on
> MAINT. But if you are then it could be your directory is now replaced
> with an old (probably incorrect) version.
>
> Actually you didn't need to IPL VM. Once you put the directory online it
> is available. So delete the IPL step from the instruction. Or change the
> instruction, do not IPL VM, IPL the guest (either xautolog or logon).

At LOGON time, certain parts of the user's directory entry are cached and
other parts are not.  Unless you are very familiar with those details, you
will want to LOGOFF the guest and LOGON again to pick up the directory
changes.  IPL of a guest is not sufficient to pick up a directory change.

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices