From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of
Michael Harding
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 10:36 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: HCPGIR450W and HCPGIR453W after editing user direct

Think of it this way:
The directory definition of a guest are the "specs" used to construct
its
virtual machine when it logs on.
Re-iplling a guest without logging off/on is the same as rebooting your
windows box without making physical changes to it, changes to the
"specs"
aren't seen.
(There are commands which can change the virtual machine configuration
dynamically, an IPL without logoff/on will pick them up and may not even
be
necessary, depending on what they are and the guest's OS; but that's
independent of directory changes.)
--
Mike Harding
z/VM System Support