Hi Florian,

please note that the DCSS block device and its use for paging and/or
storing
file systems on it is not at risk of being discontinued.
Are any of your filesystems ext2 with -o xip?

with kind regards
Carsten Otte
System z firmware development / Boeblingen lab
---
Every revolution was first a thought in one man's mind;
and when the same thought occurs to another man, it is the key to that era.

 - Ralph Waldo Emerson, Essays: First Series, 1841

             Florian Bilek
             <florian.bilek@gm
             ail.com>                                                   To
             Sent by: Linux on         LINUX-390@vm.marist.edu,
             390 Port                                                   cc
             <linux-...@vm.mar
             ist.edu>                                              Subject
                                       Re: Who's using execute in place?

             12.02.2013 16:48

             Please respond to
             Linux on 390 Port
             <linux-...@vm.mar
                 ist.edu>

Dear Carsten,

We are using DCSS as replacement of a paging device on physical DASD. Works
great. I also run the production environment from a DCSS with root and /usr
filesystem loaded.

So I consider it as a very valuable facility.

Kind regards,
Florian

send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or