>>> On 11/11/2013 at 08:19 AM, "Davis, Larry (National VM Capability)"
<larry.dav...@hp.com> wrote:
> I believe you need X Windows at a minimum installed and Gnome for a desktop

GNOME is certainly _not_ needed, although the users may _want_ it.  (Or KDE, or
some other desktop.)  But that's personal preference.

Remote Administration as enabled via YaST will ensure that the necessary subset
of X libraries is installed, as well as a minimalistic desktop.  It's not
pretty, the desktop doesn't act like what most people are used to, but it works.