Thank Mark for your detailed response. I have check all that and all the
network config is there and I can see the OSA and all the IP addresses.

I don't think I will be using the z/OS FTP server.

Thanks also Alan for your input. I am continuing to try accessing the hmc
FTP server by way of enabling the access to the DVD. It doesn't seem to be
working and continue to get the no repository found. So now the challenge
is how to help the network group in figuring out how to open that access
between the installer/lpar and the FTP network of the hmc DVD.

Any ideas?

I will also look at a network FTP server outside of the hmc. Since the DVD
is at a different location than where I am, I will have to find a way to
copy them from the DVD to an FTP server without losing its integrity.

Thanks.