[disclaimer: FCP rather than FICON point of view assumed in the following so there might be differences]

If your workload could live with an atomically consistent but "dirty" disk content, you could use online block device snapshot technologies. Maybe inside Linux with LVM snapshot. Storage servers can also do this for you without Linux CPU cycles and even more so they can support snapshot consistency groups which you need if some filesystem (or raw RDBMS table space) spans multiple volumes (such as with LVM striping).

There might be backup software solutions exploiting above, but that's beyond my knowledge.

On restarting your workload (such as Linux boot) after a restore of such snapshot content, the workload will see some consistent atomic disk content, but the content is not clean as in closed application files or as in unmounted filesystems. So the application/filesystem (or whatever read/writes from/to disks) needs to cope with that, e.g. by replaying a journal.

I suppose if you not only collect disk snapshots but before doing so suspend the Linux to disk (potentially with hypervisor support), you could resume such Linux with those disk snapshots and apps/fs would not even notice (because they slept and then wake up with the old state as if nothing happened inbetween). Suspending is of course already some kind of disruption or temporary outage taking some time as opposed to what I mentioned above.