From: "Drestin Black" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Microsoft migrates Hotmail to W2K
Date: 4 Jun 2000 05:32:05 -0500

Let's see, after reading everythign you wroet I see that you have provided
exactly 0% content. Absolutely no refuting facts, no facts whatsoever
actually. You've provided NOTHING to further this thread or replies to my
documented comments. You are too lame to debate... i mean, try at least,
don't just give up

news:8hbcf1$2tpu$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

------------------------------

From: "Drestin Black" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 4 Jun 2000 05:33:09 -0500

"Christopher Browne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw a time when Drestin Black would say:
> >I wont' go point by poing
>
> Obviously not; you'd have to answer things you likely wouldn't want to
> answer.

Um, no. I just believe that if you read the document and accompanying PDF
you'll note that no hardware changes are requird and if you read the specs
on the hardware you will find nothing special about them. I am able to
refute point by point but why bother when it's easier to point to the actual
reference document as the ultimate source of information. What would you
like clarification on?

> >but you should educate yourself further on how
> >exactly a C2 is obtained and what exactly is required and you will find
> >specifically that for NT the solution is entirely Software based, no
special
> >hardware is required.  You may not want to believe this but it's true.
Read

------------------------------

From: "Drestin Black" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 4 Jun 2000 05:35:09 -0500

"abraxas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:8hbc8k$2tpu$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> In comp.os.linux.advocacy Drestin Black <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > Brian:
>
> > Rethink something you think you know (then look up the details to see
I'm
> > right):
> > Any NT system can be C2 certified, the only changes required are in
> > software, not hardware.
>
> Wrong.  You do not understand what C2 certification means, which is not
> surprising, since you do not understand linux kernel numbering, SU, the
> difference between NT5 and W2K kernels, and very likely how to tie your
> own shoes.

of course you've done NOTHING to prove ANYTHING. All you do is rant and make
up shit and document nothing. I've seen nothing to demonstrate a diff from
NT5 to W2K. You dont' understand C2 or you'd not contest these remarks. Go
away troll.

------------------------------

From: "Drestin Black" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 4 Jun 2000 05:37:02 -0500

"abraxas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:8h8fkp$pgc$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> In comp.os.linux.advocacy Drestin Black <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > "abraxas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:8h5oi9$16v9$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >> Even more wrong, NT is *not* C2 certified.  We've been over this
> >> hundreds of times, and chad is still spreading the same lie.  Oddly,
> >> its the same one that dresden spreads.  Dresden, why dont you explain
> >> to us just exactly what you have to do to NT (service packs, hardware,
> >> etc) to get it to be C2 certified.
> >>
> >> If you would be so kind.
> >>

> > your continued denial of even the most clearly documented and well
proofed
> > facts of reality document your non-stop attack of ANYTHING related to
MS.
> > You have no common sense, let alone the ability to even properly pick a
> > debatable subject.
>
> > NT has been C2 certified. This is a fact. It is undebatable. You know
> > exactly where to find the info as it's been repeated often. If you
actually
> > knew anything of the process you would not pretend to act suprised at
the
> > fact that the test is very specific in it's configuration for a very
valid
> > reason but that does NOT in any way invalidate it's own conclusion!
>
> HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAA!!!
>
> Oh dresden liar, you cute little IT professional, once again you have
> no idea what youre talking about.
>
> What youre saying is that if I take a windowsNT 4.0 CD, put it in this
> here computer, install windowsNT4.0 on it, ill have a certified C2
> system.

Nope, I did NOT say that and I do not claim that. You knwo that but are
purposely being offensive. I can give you the URL to teh document on the MS
site that tells you EXACTLY step by step, starting with a NT4 CD and blank
hard drive how to get to a C2 certified ("evaluated") configuration. It's
not hard.

<snip lame attempts at flamage)

------------------------------

From: "Marc Schlensog" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 00:18:43 +0200

Mig Mig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
8hbr5a$38c$[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[snip]
> Know and understand your opponent.. a google search on Drestin
> Black reveals  lots of interesting stuff.. some interesting and some
pretty
> scary stuff
Yes.... I gotta admit...... very insightful.

Hey Dres, what is BloodBath?

Marc

------------------------------

From: "Marc Schlensog" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Once again: Open-Source != Security; PGP Provides Example
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 10:28:26 +0200

aleander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Dnia 30 May 2000 15:20:36 -0500 niejaki
>  Leslie Mikesell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wypstrykal:
> >Keep going - I'm sure you can manage 1 error per thousand lines
> >if you work at it.
> Hey... I've seen 1000 lines of code working at first compile...
> the guy who wrote it was quite cool - everything on paper first,
> then put all into a file, double checking every line... it
> took some time, but it worked!

Hmm, there goes a saying:
No non-trivial program is bug-free.  It doesn´t mean
it doesn´t compile the first time, but that there are
certain functions, that don´t behave the way they should.

BTW, would you stop posting HTML?

Marc

------------------------------

From: "Marc Schlensog" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 10:46:42 +0200

Drestin Black <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> post the deja url chump...
>
> my claim is clear, you are trying to blur it cause you are wrong, again.
>
> MS business practices have nothing to do with the performance of the W2K
OS.

> funny how you have no support in your counter nor has anyone else
disagreed
> with me.

You know, what´s funny, Dres?  That everytime Matt (I presume that´s
sfcybear´s RN)
is throwing his (or is it actually yours) statement@you, you´re starting
getting jumpy,
unable to utter a single word, that seems to even remotely make any sense.

Regarding the second part of your post:  Nobody is going to prove you wrong,
because everybody got sick and tired of your little conversation with Matt.
BTW:  policy has something to do with performance:  imagine you got 20
computers but only one W2K-license:  then only one computer is able to run
W2K (legally), thus cutting the performance by 95%.  Chew on this, Dres.

[Dres, learn to post!]

Marc

------------------------------

From: "Marc Schlensog" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux User Counts, - time for an update
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 11:02:03 +0200

Drestin Black <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[Snip]
> Document these numbers.

Dres, you´re so bright.  One is giving you numbers, and you still want
proof?
What do you want?  Do you want it black on white hardcopied with a
TOP SECRET stamp on it? Rex was giving more proof in one post than
you ever did in your whole Usenet-career (?).  Awright, I was exaggerating
a bit.
BTW, how stupid, to pick on ones .signature.
But that´s Dres, as we know and love him (sort of).
What would comna be w/o Dres?!

[snip]
> have millenium in another, and another beta OS from MS in yet another.
It's
> an excellent test bed.
Another beta OS from M$?  What might this be? M$-Linux? DOS 10.0?

Hey Dres, guess what:  this time _I_ want proof.  Names, Dres, *names*.

[Snip]

Marc

PS:  Ah, Dres don´t have no signature, na na na naaaaaa na!!!!

------------------------------

From: "Marc Schlensog" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: W2K BSOD's documented *not* to be hardware (Was: lack of goals.
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 11:53:50 +0200

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Until you get all the dependency problems...

What dependency problems?  YaST is taking care of it automagically.
rpm itself is giving you the missing packages.

> No thanks, I prefer the Windows way..Works everytime for me.
When you like to...

Marc

------------------------------

From: "Marc Schlensog" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 11:57:11 +0200

FUCK!!!!  Is Tim really *that* stupid?  Or is he just fooling us?
He is indeed behaving like a 5-year-old.

Multiple desktops with fish... and clouds... and a nice
shiny intel-logo... isn´t that nice?

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

SAVOR ME!!!!!!!!

Lord, send brain from heavens!!!!!!!

Marc

------------------------------

From: "Marc Schlensog" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 12:02:03 +0200

JEDIDIAH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Stupid Shell tricks may seem 'cryptic' or 'primitive' to
> you but they allow me to do things with my desktop
> enviroment that just leave Windows users like you drooling
> and stupified.

Yea!

[being snippy]

> No, Unix has a variety of shell interpreters that can be
> interchanged (something DOS can't do) and they may or

of course it can.... you have the choice between command.com
and 4dos... and if you like to, you can even write your own
shell interpreter (who would do this in the first place?)

> may not be text based. All features of the OS besides the
> shiny happy desktop are available from the 'text shell'
> whereas a Win9x DOS instance by itself is nearly totally
> crippled (no devices, no networking, no multitasking).

Yip

> >>[Thack!]

*Ouch!*  What was that for? =)

> Anything that seeks to be like Windows 95 which is itself
> a poor copy of other interfaces, is a 'bad immitation' by
> simple inheritance.
>
> Fortunately, Unix is not limited solely to such GUIs.

It is not even limited to a GUI (or even a terminal),
contrary to Windows.

[.sigsnip]

Marc

------------------------------

From: "Marc Schlensog" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 12:07:31 +0200

> In Windos the mouse is an arrow. Only geeks use UNIX where the mouse
> is a "charactor devise".

Where the mouse is *what*???  A <translate> character device </translate>???

Did you ever see X?  <childish_behavior> We also have arrows.
</childish_behavior>

You shouldn´t confuse it with character-mode apps like the console or even
DOS-mode in M$-world.

BTW:  regearding your behavior:  see my previous post.

Marc

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Terry Porter)
Subject: Re: Linux is so stable...
Date: 4 Jun 2000 18:47:48 +0800

On Sun, 04 Jun 2000 09:28:27 GMT,
 Pete Goodwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>No-Spam (Terry Porter) wrote in
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>>Please write something substantial next time, your etchings are
>>ambiguious to the max.
>
>If I could work out if there was a log on shutdown, I'd post that. It's
>kinda difficult to catch anything as it flys past on the console.
There is always a log.

>>You saw a stack trace.
>>What was it ?
>>Are you saying umount, seg faulted and  dumped core ?
>
>Yep!
Hmm, which ?
Ive never seen a Linux app do a stack trace, I think your confused with Windows.
Linux apps produce core dumps.

>>This kind of complaint can be so easily manufactured.
>
>Are you saying I made it up? Why would I want to do that? To make Linux
>look bad? Are you really dumb enough to believe that just because I favour
>Windows, I'm going to lie about Linux!
No I'm not dumb enuff to believe that, but I see your tone, and it's typical
Wintroll 101.

Are you that stupid you think it isnt obvious ?

Don't be so offended, we get a lot of Wintrolls here, and your a new arrival.

>>You mount a network drive, then disconnect that network and unmount
>>the drive. Umount complains.
>>
>>Yes something went wrong all right, you pulled the coax!
>
>But that isn't what happened. For some reason umount died on shutdown.
>
>>Goodwin, you're a troll, not bad as trolls go tho.
>>
>>Please try harder in future.
>
>Oh I see because I'm a troll that means you can discount what I say, is
>that it?
What did you really say ?

I see only ambuguity, sarchasm and complaints. And now of course, fake
indignation.

Standard WinTroll 101 fare.

--
Kind Regards
Terry

------------------------------

Crossposted-To: comp.windows.x.kde,tw.bbs.comp.linux
Subject: Re: KDE is better than Gnome
From: David Steuber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 10:59:58 GMT

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (JEDIDIAH) writes:

' >As long as the standards for interoperability are conformed to, then
' >multiple APIs are fine.  My point is the job of programming an
' >appliaction needs to be made easier for the developer.  You say a good
'
'       This is why I think Troll is barking up the wrong tree
'       with their business model.

I have no opinion on that.  I'll just wait and see.  I do find Qt to
be well documented and easy to use ( so far ).  And I do like the KDE
desktop.  KDE2 is shapping up to be very nice.  At the moment, I see
myself wanting to take advantage of the KDE2 environment.  If Troll
turns out to be a bunch of evil beings that sabotage my work in some
way, I'll drop them like I did Microsoft.  I used to be an MSDN
subscriber.  I used to be a Win32 advocate.  I've jumped ship once, I
can do it again.

' >dev environment is important.  I agree.  The programmer needs to be
' >more concerned with the domain of the application than with the
' >underlying system details.  I'm not a Linux snob.  It is fine with me
' >that *BSD, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, etc are also supported by the toolkits
' >and development environment.
'
'       As long as there is a 'suitable' dev enviroment that supports
'       the toolkit in question and interoperability is a reality
'       instead of merely theoretical then it's not quite so critical
'       for those devtools to be deployed on a particular pet platform.

KDevelop is supposed to support both KDE and GNOME development.  I
haven't used it though.  I must have something wrong with me as i am
using the GNU tools XEmacs, GCC, et al.

There is also GLADE, but I haven't tried it either.

Have you personally used GTK+ or GTK--?  How do you find the
documentation for these toolkits ( particularly GTK-- ).  I like to
have good documentation to work with.  I also prefer to program in C++
over C.  This preference is similar to preferring a Porsche 911 turbo
over a Ford Pinto for daily driving.

I grew up programming for Windows in C++.  My experience with
Linux/Un*x is still sorely lacking.  However, I expect that to
improve.  I like the open nature of the source, and I have found that
people are much more helpful in comp.os.linux.development.apps than
people ever were in the microsoft.* hierarchy.  Regardless of which
desktop environment[s] people go with, the GNU/Linux culture is a much
friendlier place.

Threre are exceptions of course, but I won't name them ;-)

--
David Steuber   |   Hi!  My name is David Steuber, and I am
NRA Member      |   a hoploholic.

All bits are significant.  Some bits are more significant than others.
        -- Charles Babbage Orwell