Linux-Advocacy Digest #698, Volume #30            Wed, 6 Dec 00 22:13:03 EST

Contents:
  Re: windoze is awful (Kenny Pearce)
  Re: Windoze 2000 - just as shitty as ever (Curtis)
  Re: Blurry Fonts: Is there a solution? (Swango)
  Re: Blurry Fonts: Is there a solution? (tom)
  Re: Nobody wants Linux because it destroys hard disks.
  Re: LINUX ROCKS AND WINDOWS SUCKS (JM)
  Re: Of course, there is a down side... (JM)
  Re: A Microsoft exodus! (JM)
  Re: A Microsoft exodus! (JM)
  Re: MSN and AOL-Time Warner: Is Microsoft being hypocritical? (JM)
  Re: OS Installation Help? (JM)
  Re: Of course, there is a down side... ("Chad Myers")
  Re: Blurry Fonts: Is there a solution? (tom)
  Re: MSN and AOL-Time Warner: Is Microsoft being hypocritical? (sfcybear)
  Re: Red hat becoming illegal? ("Chad Myers")
  Re: Windoze 2000 - just as shitty as ever (Peter Hayes)
  Re: Blurry Fonts: Is there a solution? ("kosh")
  Re: Linux growth rate explosion! ("Kelsey Bjarnason")
  Re: Red hat becoming illegal? ("Chad Myers")
  Re: Blurry Fonts: Is there a solution? (tom)
  Re: Of course, there is a down side... ("Kelsey Bjarnason")

From: Kenny Pearce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.x,comp.os.ms-windows,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: windoze is awful
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 17:37:00 -0800

software is irrelevant. As was previously mentioned, user side software CANNOT
cause linux to crash... the program itself may crash (I must admit, I have had
my X-server crash once. I came to the conclusion it was literally an act of
God (and that's not a figure of speech)), but the kernel itself cannot crash
due to the actions of user side software. You simply can't say that of
Windoze.

------------------------------

From: Curtis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Windoze 2000 - just as shitty as ever
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 20:45:36 -0500

. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted:

| > | Here's a tip in return:  When working with Office 2000, it is so slow
| > | it's like your system froze.
| >
| > And the tip in return to that. If Office 2000 runs so slow that your
| > system seems to freeze it's time to get a Pentium.
|
| If only I could give you a clue in return...

If you can't get Office 2000 to run decently on your decent machinery
then I certainly don't want any of your 'clues'.

--
Curtis

|         ,__o
!___    _-\_<,    An egotist thinks he's in the groove
<(*)>--(*)/'(*)______________________ when he's in a rut.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   (ROT13 scrambled)

------------------------------

From: Swango <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Blurry Fonts: Is there a solution?
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 01:48:27 GMT

Which one?

There seem to be thousands on the net. But of course there is no
problem, now is there?

Swango

On 7 Dec 2000 01:36:48 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Donovan Rebbechi)
wrote:

>On Wed, 06 Dec 2000 23:28:12 GMT, tom wrote:
>
>See the font HOWTO, esp the part about Netscape

"It Don't Mean a Thang if it Ain't Got That Swang"

------------------------------

From: tom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 01:36:29 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Does this sound like a hardware issue?   (Mandrake 7.1, P266,
Leadtek

> Yes.  I've never had such problems.  ...always been sharp.
>
> Matrox Millenium (circa 1996), and Riva TNT
>
> Both running at 1600x1200 on a Panasonic E21.

Don't take this as a Linux slam, but things are fine under Windows.  I
don't know what Linux is doing differently.  Perhaps a different
resolution (currently 800x600) or Window manager?

Tom

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ()
Crossposted-To: alt.linux.sux
Subject: Re: Nobody wants Linux because it destroys hard disks.
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 02:01:08 GMT

On Wed, 06 Dec 2000 21:20:20 GMT, Swango <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Windows 2000 rocks and Linux is a sluggard if ever there was one. I
>tried Redhat and took the server install option and it promptly wiped
>out my entire hard disk. Fortunately I had a backup but what if I
>didn't?

It seems very very unlikely that you haven't been warned during
partitioning process about it but, anyway that's not MS Win software,
so expect the software to behave differentlly than Ms Win software.
Next time read docs about a program to know how to use it, not only
about Linux, just about everything in life. Otherwise you may have
such surprises.

>Even after that Rocky Horror Show, using Linux is like moving back in
>time about 10 years in the computer world. My scanner, printer, and
>USB camera don't work. My Cdrw gives errors all the time although it
>seems to burn fine. My cordless mouse doesn't work properly and I find
>kde to be sluggish even on a 600 mhz system with 256 megabites of
>memory.

So why don't you configure your kernel ? Linux developers don't know
what are your needs and preferences, they are leaving a basic kernel
unconfigured so that everyone can configure it on their own  following
their own liking. There is a reason for it: if a kernel by default has
all support  it would bew a large kernel and, a large kernel runs slower,
of course. Get kernel 2.2.18pre
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/alan/2.2.18pre or at least
2.2.17), there you'll find a full support for parallel, serial and USB
ports, cameras, lots of scanners, plenty of sound cards, video, infrared
control, radio, ISDN, plenty of different network, TV, telephony cards,
joysticks, Fs etc.. Simply select drivers for your hardware. Are you
afraid of the idea of configuring and compiling Linux kernel? Every dummy
can do it, you just need to get there and try, actually it's easy.

I have 64MB of memory and i586, on GNU/Linux Debian stable KDE2 works just
smoothly.

>Windows 2000 is so much better and from what I have seen Whistler is
>going to be even better than Windows 2000.
>
>To it's credit, at least Linux didn't ruin any of my hardware, quite
>possibly because it doesn't support any of my hardware.
>
>Back to Windows for me and maybe I will look at Linux sometime down
>the road, but for now it's a coaster.

When you switch from a bicycle to an airplane I'll expect you to
complain about missing pedals, and your conclusion that and airplane
is about 100 years behind modern transport systems so that you are
going back to your bicycle, just because you didn't get around.
That's you.

>I can see why Linux is free, because they would never get out of court
>if they charged people for this tripe.

More that ten million people somehow run Gnu/Linux with no problems at
all. When you look in a mirror, you'll find a source of all your Linux
related problems.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (JM)
Subject: Re: LINUX ROCKS AND WINDOWS SUCKS
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 00:01:35 GMT

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000 19:15:59 -0500, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ("the_blur" <the_blur_oc@*removespamguard*hotmail.com>) wrote:

>> What I was trying to say, was that just because bill gates plans of
>> giving billions to charity doesn't mean he's kind, he's just got a LOT
>> of money. He's still going to have more than anyone else could ever
>> imagine.

<ramblings snipped>

At the end of the day, anyone with a HUGE amount of money can donate
HUGE amounts, it hardly makes a dent in his lifestyle. It doesn't make
him ANY kinder.

>Anyway, you can bitch and rant about windows all you want, but stop ragging
>on old Bill until you donate 21 million and one dollars to charity in the
>space of a year.

If I had the amount of money he had I'd donate MUCH more than that.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (JM)
Subject: Re: Of course, there is a down side...
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 00:01:35 GMT

On Wed, 06 Dec 2000 19:37:35 -0500, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ("Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>JM wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 6 Dec 2000 15:20:19 +0200, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>>  ("Ayende Rahien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>> >You forgot to qoute this:
>> >...there are[shortcut keys] in my notepad (win2000) there aren't on the 9x
>> >notepad
>>
>> I'm using 98, what does a notepad on 2000 mean to me? Compare it to a
>> text editor on a Unix machine two years ago.

>Hell, compare Notepad to a text editor on a Unix machine 15 years ago.

Anyone remember DOS edit? Now, was that a pile of piss or what that a
pile of piss?

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (JM)
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.unix.advocacy
Subject: Re: A Microsoft exodus!
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 00:01:36 GMT

On Wed, 06 Dec 2000 19:15:43 -0500, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ("Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>> (I think that should be something that appears on the status line
>> at the bottom: "Composing action to repeat N times".)

>There's a simple solution to all of this.

>If in doubt, hit the escape key.  This puts you in command mode.
>Then hit type "i" to begin inserting at your current location.

Wouldn't it be easier to have a character in the corner telling you
which mode you were in?

<excessively long sig snipped>

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (JM)
Crossposted-To:
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 00:01:37 GMT

On 6 Dec 2000 21:07:34 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 (Steve Mading <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>In comp.os.linux.advocacy Tim Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>: On 5 Dec 2000 23:58:34 GMT, Steve Mading <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>:>: Cursor movement in vi really isn't unique.  HJKL for cursor movement was
>:>: popular in CRT games.
>:>
>:>True, but that's *because* of the popularity of vi.  Remember that
>:>those CRT games were driven by curses, which was originally derived
>:>*from* the screen routines in the vi code.  In other words, vi
>:>predated those games, and they had vi as an indirect ancestor in
>:>their code.
>
>: I'm pretty sure that I recall HJKL being popular on games well before
>: vi, e.g., I think I played several games on TOPS-10 systems that used
>: that scheme.
>
>Ah, then I'm not familiar with the games you are talking about.  I
>thought you were talking about the various stuff typically found
>in /usr/games on a UNIX system - like rouge, nethack, worms, etc.

Not forgetting dopewars.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (JM)
Subject: Re: MSN and AOL-Time Warner: Is Microsoft being hypocritical?
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 00:01:37 GMT

On Thu, 07 Dec 2000 00:07:42 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 (kiwiunixman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>Microsoft has the cash, why don't they setup a wireless broadband service?

Which was only accessible using Windows Only Software I presume...

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (JM)
Subject: Re: OS Installation Help?
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 00:01:38 GMT

On Thu, 07 Dec 2000 00:22:54 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 (kiwiunixman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>Can't find the dimensions my suppliers website, however, I would say it
>would be 4-5cm high.

It pisses me off when everyone here goes on about how much RAM they've
got and how big their hard disks are and how good their operating
systems are etc.

They should trying using Windows 98SE on 28MB of RAM on a 3GB hard
disk.

------------------------------

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 01:53:16 GMT

"JM" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> On Wed, 6 Dec 2000 11:43:06 +0200, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>  ("Ayende Rahien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

> >Ctrl+S - Save
>
> Nope.
>
> >Ctrl+N - New
>
> Nope.
>
> >Ctrl+O - Open
>
> Nope.
>
> >Ctrl+P - Print
>
> Nope.
>
> >Ctrl+F - Find
>
> Nope.
>
> >F3 - Find next
>
> Yes.
>
> >Ctrl+H - Replace
>
> Nope.
>
> >Ctrl+G - Go To
>
> Nope.
>
> >Ctrl+A - Select All
>
> Nope.
>
> >F5 - Enter Time & Date
>
> Yes.
>
> >Exactly 10 shortcuts key. :)
>
> 2.

We are talking about NOTEPAD.EXE, right? Found in Windows95 and higher?

Well, the Win95 -> NT 4.0 Notepad has everything BUT CTRL+F.
The Win2K Notepad has everything INCLUDING CTRL+F.

Would you like me to post a screen shot of both?

-Chad

------------------------------

From: tom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 01:59:29 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Donovan Rebbechi) wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Dec 2000 23:28:12 GMT, tom wrote:
>
> See the font HOWTO, esp the part about Netscape

That's one I didn't think of.  Should've known, since there seems to be
a howto about virtually everything else.  Thanks for the idea.

Tom

From: sfcybear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: misc.invest.stocks,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 01:59:27 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  jtnews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> sfcybear wrote:
> >
> > I think it is a bit hypocritical of MS to whine about anyone else
being
> > a monopoly. But I do not think MS has shut Linux out. Linux will
> > continue to grow. It will hit a point were it will reach the stores
on
> > the cheapest PC's and the Linux PC's will be at least $50 cheaper
than a
> > comperable W2K PC do the the MS tax.
>
> Unfortunately, most manufacturers don't even give you the option of
> buying their cheapest machines without Windows on them.  It seems that
> all of their Linux machines have the price jacked up because the
> machines
> loaded up with an unnecessary number of accessories.

Don't worry, Things will change. Let Linux grow a bit more. At some
point a price war will break out and Linux will take over.

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Red hat becoming illegal?
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 01:56:43 GMT

"Chris Ahlstrom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Chad Myers wrote:
> >
> > Well, Reform and Libertarians I'm sure feel the same way. But actions
> > speak louder than words, and the Democrats' actions say that they
> > would like to have every citizen as an employee to the Federal Government
> > or relying on it for daily sustinance. One or the other. Which line are
> > you in?
>
> Neither.  And I don't appreciate you speaking for people other than
> yourself.  (Hell, I don't even like the people I helped elect speaking
> for me!)
>
> > So that makes it ok that the rest of them are being taken advantage of
> > by the liberals?
>
> I must leave your fantasy-land now.

So you'd rather deny the truth because it requires too much thought?

When have you ever known a Democrat in a high ranking office (that is,
not city councilman or dog catcher) to LOWER taxes?

When have you ever heard a Democrat say "That government program is
TOO large, we need to reduce it"

Right, never.

Look at Taxachusetts. Overrun with Democrats, taxes sky high,
government programs to help every do everything without thinking on
or own or having self reliance.

Another example? Hillary Clinton trying to pass a government program
that would take up 1/3 of the entire budget of the United States.

Yes, Liberals are bad unless you live in a Communist state.

Liberals are anti-freedom and anti-capitalism.

-Chad

------------------------------

From: Peter Hayes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 02:10:00 +0000

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000 00:54:54 -0600, "Erik Funkenbusch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Here it is again, in case you forgot:
>
> >Same with NT.  Under NT4, for instance, right click on Network
> Neighborhood,
> >choose properties.  Select the Bindings tab.  choose All Protocols from the
> >Show Bindings for dropdown.  Click on TCP/IP and choose Disable.  Choose
> Ok.
> >It will rebind the protocols and ask you to reboot, however you don't have
> >to (this is a long standing bug.  NT asks you to reboot, but in almost all
> >cases it's not necessary).

The reason NT, or all Windows OSs for that matter, ask for a reboot is
because M$ know full well that none of their OSs will run for more than a
few hours (a few days for NT - wasn't it five days Bill G admitted to when
launching W2K?) without seizing up. Rebooting is a convenient way of
resetting the clock as it were.

Peter

------------------------------

From: "kosh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 18:17:32 +0700

In article <90mi23$4nq$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> The worst thing I have against Linux is that after working in it for
> awhile and definitely after trying to read anything, I come away almost
> cross-eyed because the fonts are just a little off, even after importing
> the windoze fonts and trying them.  It's rather ironic that I'm trying
> to read the special pdf edition of Running Linux that comes with
> Mandrake, but I have to read it under Windows because of the font thing.
>  It'd be nice if I could read it under Linux and try some of the things
> it covers as I come across them.
>
> Netscape is also horrible, but I don't know if it's Netscape or the font
> thing again.  I've added the lines to the startup file that gets
> Netscape to use a little large fonts; I still can't adjust the size.
>
> Does this sound like a hardware issue?   (Mandrake 7.1, P266, Leadtek
> Winfast 2300 video card w/8M ram) My card was listed in the setup lists,
> so I assume it's using the correct driver.
>
> Tom

That is the Font Deuglification Mini Howto unfortunately the geforce
drivers are broken if you use the ones from nvidia so they will not use
100dpi fonts which makes a very big difference.

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/FDU/index.html

------------------------------

From: "Kelsey Bjarnason" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux growth rate explosion!
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 02:25:34 GMT

[snips]

> Chad Myers wrote:

> > RUNAS USAGE:
> >

> Once again, LoseDOS is about 15 YEARS BEHIND UNIX.

So, your position is, basically, that if Windows lacks something, it sucks,
and if it gets that thing, it sucks for getting it too late.  By this
reasoning, even if Windows adopted _all_ the supposed benefits of Linux -
open source, more solid security, increased configurability, whatever - it
would still suck, despite having effectively the same functionality.  Does
that about sum it up?

------------------------------

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 02:10:53 GMT

"Chris Ahlstrom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Chad Myers wrote:
>
> > People often become enraged after hearing the truth.
>
> However, because someone becomes enraged doesn't imply that
> you are speaking the truth.
>
> > Many people don't
> > realize there's a rape in the U.S. on average every 6 minutes. Actually,
> > that number was from the 80's, I'm sure it's higher now.
>
> Sounds like some more of Rush's dredging up of old data.

Nah, this was from the FBI in 1988, I think. I'm sure the number is
much higher.

Even if Rush had said it, does that suddenly make it false? What is with
you liberals and the pigeonholeing. Somehow simply because someone listens
to Rush (BTW, over a million or so liberals listen to Rush nationwide) that
anything they say is suddenly false?

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/Cius_99/99crime/99c2_04.pdf

In 1999, 89,107 forcible rapes reported(!). Granted, it was on the decline
since 1998, but that roughly equates to a forcible rape commited every ~5
minutes. There are probably thousands more that go unreported.

> > Or they don't realize that thousands or millions of children die
> > needlessly in 3rd world countries from diseases we take for granted
> > as being cured in the U.S. such as Polio, Influenze and the common cold.
>
> Very true.  But that "they" group is pretty amorphous.
>
> > Nor do they want to, nor realize that their government is being
systematically
> > dismantled and sold by the Liberals (not necessarily Democrats). They are
> > creating an atmosphere of reliance on Government as the Daddy of everyone
and
> > that the Government is always right.
>
> Those two statements are completely contradictory!!!!

Well, you know what I mean. They're replacing OUR Government (the one created
by the Constitution) with their own Government which rules over everyone.

> > "You don't need those guns, they're hurting children!"
>
> Personally, I get nervous around guns.  So far, I've no need for one.
> That's just my household, though.

And that's your perrogative. But you have no right to tell someone else
they can't have a gun in their home. I'm not saying you are, but it's
the point I'm trying to make that that right is protected under the
constitution, but the liberals seem to feel it poses a great threat
to them. I wonder what they're doing that they need guns banned and
removed from people's homes?

> > "It was just sex, it was all about sex, the Republicans are forcing their
> > moral viewpoint on us!"
>
> Just like Clinton forced his willy <guess the rest>.
>
> > and then c.) proceeded to politically and socially assassinate
> > Monica, Juanita, Jennifer, Kenn Starr, Newt Gingrich, and countless other
> > women which the President abused.
>
> Ha ha ha ha!

You deny that the Clinton administration didn't engage in public lynchings
of these people?

> > Not to mention allegations and investigations
> > into rape, love children (yes, plural) and countless murders.
>
> ROTFL!!!

There were several real investigations, even one involving the FBI into
these matters. Several cases are still pending Clinton leaving office,
including at least two rape cases (possibly more that I haven't heard about).

> > The death-toll
> > surrounding the current administration now tops 45. 12 of which are former
or
> > were current body guards or service men sworn to protect the
Governor/President.
> > Many with bullets in the backs of their heads, but reported as dying of
natural
> > causes. The facts are there, you merely have to check them.)
>
> Stop it! You're killing me!  A ha ha ha ha ha!

This is what's sad. These are facts. Casual investigation would reveal every
single one to be suspicious. They're all a matter of public record.

You're content to laugh because you, ignorantly, think that this couldn't
ever happen, yet it IS happening all around you.

No, I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I don't think Clinton is out to kill
everyone, but I do know that he has commited several felonies during his
stint in office and at least 47 deaths have been related to every single
one of them.

Are you content to just idly blow them off?

> > Listen to Rush just one day. Just one hour. If you hear ONE thing, just
> > ONE thing that he says that isn't completely, and absolutely true, then
> > I'll stop listening to him myself.
>
> In a previous post, I already mentioned how I was forced to listen to
> him for weeks on end while trying to write code.  He's a big bag of
> hot air.

But everything he says is right (except for the self love). You haven't
debated that fact.

We are to assume then, that anyone speaking truth is a bag of hot air
to you, right?

You have laughed at every fact I have presented. Are you really that
blind?

> > > I have learned to avoid certain topics, or to deflect the conversation
> > > to more conventional lines.  Otherwise, I'd be spending all day arguing,
> > > settling nothing, irritating all surrounding cubicle-mates, and not
> > > getting our projects done.
> >
> > See, you just ignore. There are outrages and attrocities being committed
> > every day even in the U.S. alone, but you are content to merely ignore
> > it and pass it on because it's too large for you to think about.
>
> Maybe some day I can attain your high moral plain.  Teach me, my
> master.

Spare me. Just look, open you eyes. Perhaps you should stop laughing
and grow up.

> > One example: Ron Brown. Commerce Secretary. Deceased. Died in plane
> > crash in BOSNIA of all places during a war. What, pray tell, was the
> > Secretary of Commerce doing in a battle zone?
> >
> > An investigation and autopsy in the matter revealed that the
> > Secretary had been killed not by the crash, but a fatal gunshot
> > wound to the head at point blank -- execution style.
> >
> > Not more than a week before, during some of the initial special
> > prosecutor investigations into the Whitewater and Lewinsky matters,
> > Mr. Brown had stated publically that he was "willing to talk" to
> > the special prosecutor.
>
> Man, what an awesome chain of events.  Why isn't A CURRENT AFFAIR
> looking into this matter!!!

Several people have. They abruptly ended their investigations. The
FBI never made a full investigation, not suprisingly.

-Chad

------------------------------

From: tom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 02:20:11 GMT

Absolutely nothing about my problem, except that it did mention the
Netscape issue (only had the same fix I've already tried, though).

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Tom

From: "Kelsey Bjarnason" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 02:33:14 GMT

[snips]

"Ayende Rahien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:90m05r$1gck0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > >Ctrl+A - Select All
> >
> > Nope.
> >
> > >F5 - Enter Time & Date
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > >Exactly 10 shortcuts key. :)
> >
> > 2.
> >

> You forgot to qoute this:
> ...there are[shortcut keys] in my notepad (win2000) there aren't on the 9x
> notepad

Apparently, Linux text editors render some people incapable of reading. :)