  Re: US Navy carrier to adopt Win2k infrastructure (GreyCloud)

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: soc.singles,alt.linux,alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Why Linux Is no threat to Windows domination of the desktop
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 18:19:26 -0400

The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Aaron R. Kulkis
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  wrote
> on Sat, 21 Apr 2001 00:45:55 -0400
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
> >>
> >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Nomen Nescio
> >> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >>  wrote
> >> on Fri, 20 Apr 2001 16:20:06 +0200 (CEST)
>
> [snip]

> >> And how would you know?
> >>
> >> For the record: my understanding is that homosexuals are more intelligent
> >> and more sensitive than average.  So "writing like a homosexual" does
> >> not seem to be a very effective insult... :-)
> >
> >pursuing this line of argument is digging your own grave.
>
> Your problem, not mine.  Personally, I'm not that fond of
> homosexuals (I'm quite het), but I'm not going to go after
> them with a shotgun either, as long as what they do
> doesn't scare off the horses.  After all, they're not pigeons,
> clay or otherwise.

Detesting someone's behavior does not imply chasing after
them with a shotgun.

> As for writing...?  I have no idea how homosexuals write.
> I know how you and Nomen Nescio write -- more or less.  (That's
> obviously by observation.)
>
> I'm not really sure I care; I want to debate the advantages and
> disadvantages of Linux over Windows (and Windows over Linux; let's
> be fair, here), rather than commeting on someone's prosaic ability.
> (Or is that prosal?  Oh well; I'm not sure my writing's all that
> grand either -- I just do a lot of it on Usenet. :-) )
>
> [rest snipped]
>
> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- insert random prosaic prose here
> EAC code #191       5d:14h:50m actually running Linux.
>                     All hail the Invisible Pink Unicorn (pbuh)!

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Gunner© <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Subject: Re: Communism, Communist propagandists in the US...still..to this day.
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 15:20:03 -0700

Mathew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Michael Ejercito wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 20 Apr 2001 06:08:45 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> (silverback) wrote:

>> >yup fucking raygun did it in Central America. Tricky Dick in Chile.
>>   Proof?
>
>The U.S. admits that to killing Allende of Chile.
>

>>  Michael

So..if it were true the US killed Allende.. where is the "murder on a
mass scale" part?

 "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
 invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write
 a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort
 the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone,
 solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program
 a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die
 gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: soc.singles
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 18:21:03 -0400

Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > > Why do you detest it?
> >

> > What's NOT to detest about it?
>
> Well, let's see.
>
> Gays use sex much the same way hets do; as a method of recreation,
> excercise, sharing, comforting, bonding, play, relaxation, stress relief,
> expression of love, to increase closeness and intimacy, and so on.  So one
> would conclude that if homosexuality is detestable, so is all sex.

And John Wayne Gacy used knives the same way butchers do; as a method
of carving up carcasses into single-serving portions of meat.

So, your point is?

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chad Everett)
Crossposted-To: soc.singles
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 22:28:40 GMT

On Sun, 22 Apr 2001 00:51:08 +1200, Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> > Why do you detest it?
>>
>> What's NOT to detest about it?
>
>I personally don't care if someone is homosexual or hetrosexual. People
>who sit around all day wondering/concerned whether person vxy is a
>homosexual should get their head examined. I have better things to be
>concerned about.  I have friends who are gay, and what they do with
>their "partners" is none of my business.  I think it is about time
>people stopped thinking that they should be the one standing the high
>ground, and get down to earth and started respecting people for who they
>are, not what they are.  The type of bigotry you are demonstrating Aaron
>is nothing to be proud of.
>
>Matthew gardiner

Trouble is homosexuals are a politically vocal group who want to shove
their sexuality down the throats of everybody else who want to treat it as
a purely moral issue.  The homosexual lobby in the US is actively
working to outlaw free speech and freedom of religion.   Your fantasy
that "it's their own business" is nice.  The homosexual lobby wants
to make it the business of everybody.  They want to teach my children
all about homosexuality and prevent me from saying one word in protest
about it.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 18:38:14 -0400

Mathew wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Michael Ejercito wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 20 Apr 2001 06:08:45 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > (silverback) wrote:

> > >yup fucking raygun did it in Central America. Tricky Dick in Chile.
> >   Proof?
>
> The U.S. admits that to killing Allende of Chile.

I thought you didn't like dictators.

Now you're upset when we kill them.

Make up your fucking mind, pimple-faced moron.

> >  Michael

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: soc.singles
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 18:42:19 -0400

Chad Everett wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Apr 2001 00:51:08 +1200, Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> What's NOT to detest about it?
> >
> >I personally don't care if someone is homosexual or hetrosexual. People
> >who sit around all day wondering/concerned whether person vxy is a
> >homosexual should get their head examined. I have better things to be
> >concerned about.  I have friends who are gay, and what they do with
> >their "partners" is none of my business.  I think it is about time
> >people stopped thinking that they should be the one standing the high
> >ground, and get down to earth and started respecting people for who they
> >are, not what they are.  The type of bigotry you are demonstrating Aaron
> >is nothing to be proud of.
> >
> >Matthew gardiner
> >

> Trouble is homosexuals are a politically vocal group who want to shove
> their sexuality down the throats of everybody else who want to treat it as
> a purely moral issue.  The homosexual lobby in the US is actively
> working to outlaw free speech and freedom of religion.   Your fantasy
> that "it's their own business" is nice.  The homosexual lobby wants
> to make it the business of everybody.  They want to teach my children
> all about homosexuality and prevent me from saying one word in protest
> about it.

...nor mention the NUMEROUS health risks.

It's funny how the group who eventually came to be the ACT-UP assholes
fought the closing of the public bath houses in San Francisco--where
AIDS was being spread like wildfire, and then later accused then-governor
Reagan of "not doing anything" about AIDS.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Michael Vester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Red Hat has become scary?
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 09:10:31 -0700

"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:

> GreyCloud wrote:
> >
> > Matthew Gardiner wrote:

>OS?
>the

> > > Hell yes. But atleast you don't see Germany or Japan trying to be the
> > > world policeman. They have learnt their leason.  However, US still
> > > haven't learnt it, even with all the nut cases out there wanting to blow
> > > up US government buildings.  You only need to look at the US's
> > > involvement in Somalia to show how arrogance + ignorance = disaster.  It
> > > is one thing helping a country, it is another thing to tell a country
> > > what to do.  However, what I can say, is, the Soviet Union was the first
> > > to develop biological weapons, with the first one being developed, one
> > > carrying a antibiotic resistant strain of the smallpox virus.  The US
> > > said it was impossible, the Soviet Union proved them wrong.  The US had
> > > one space station, the Soviety union threw up 5 into orbit.  Little
> > > facts most people in the US fail to comprehend, that there is NO ONE
> > > country that has contributed to human technological advance, but many,
> > > and until this happens, the rampant arrogance will continue to grow.
> > >
> > > Matthew Gardiner
> > >
> > > --
> > > I am the resident BOFH (Bastard Operator From Hell)
> > >
> > > If you don't like it, you can go [# rm -rf /home/luser] yourself
> > >
> > > Running SuSE Linux 7.1
> > >
> > > The best of German engineering, now in software form
> >
> > Actually a lot of americans ask this same question... why us?
> > (policemen)  The corruption is so deep and wide spread that its no
> > wonder when an american goes overseas for a vacation that we get spit
> > on.
>
> If you're getting spit on, then you're doing something wrong.
>
> Most Americans, when they travel overseas, stick out like a sore
> thumb...and then make things even worse by antagonizing the locals.
>
> Here are the rules for Americans travelling overseas
>
> 1. DRESS LIKE THE LOCALS.  Be a bit conservative.  Unless you're going
>         to the Carribean to smoke some ganja, LEAVE YOUR DAY-GLOW
>
>         "I'M WITH
>           STUPID
>             -->"
>
>          T-SHIRTS AT HOME.

And don't try the wearing a Canadian flag button trick. It does not work
any more.

> 2.  Keep your voice low.  Whenever I'm overseas, Americans are VERY
> easy to spot...they are the ONLY ones holding a conversation in a
> public place at the top of their voice, as if they're trying to
> shout over a night-club sound system.

I went to Versailles from Paris on a tour bus once, about 20 years ago. A
very loud American woman wearing horn rimmed sunglasses, dangly wooden
earrings and fluorescent green hot pants insisted that the bus driver drop
her and her camera toting husband closer.  I separated from that tour
group but I could still hear that women complaining no matter where I was
in the building. It is a huge building.  In reference to 3., she was at
least 300 pounds and looked a lot like that creature on the Drew Cary
show. If she made a lasting impression on me, think of all the French who
she really offended.

> 3.  Most American women on vacations are either obese, and look like
> a bag of shit, or dress like sluts.
>
> Seriously...the next time you're on vacation, sit in your hotel
> lobby for about 30 minutes, and play "Spot the American"

You can be blind and still play.

> You'll discover in no time that most Americans on vacation are
> despised because they make utter and complete asses of themselves.

They act like they are the center of the universe. Nothing is as good as
what they have at home. Not all Americans are like but enough to create
this really bad stereotype.

> They usually have ZERO understanding of where they are.  They
> haven't studied the local langauge in the slightest...most don't
> even bother to learn how to count in the local language, let alone
> how to conduct simple transactions (like getting a taxi ride) in
> the local language.

Your right, they only speak "American."  I have quietly listened while
American tourists try to ask my directions in what ever native language
via a phrase book.  I look really confused and then I say in perfect
Canadian English, "I don't understand a single thing you said, eh."  They
are surprised and then ask me if I can speak "American?"

"No, but I do speak Canadian, is that close enough?"

> Additionally, they never bother to understand the local culture.
> Understanding local customs, and what locals consider to be
> insulting behavior, is VERY crucial to staying in the good graces
> of the people around you.  Remember, you are IN THEIR CITY...
> and most of the time, IN THEIR **NEIGHBORHOOD**....therefore, you
> are probably within a few hundred meters of their children.

I come from a culture where we are renown for getting along with
everyone.  I know more about other country's history than my own. I know
more about United States geography than most Americans. I was in a college
bar in Ithaca and after listening for hours about how superior the
American education system is to the rest of the world. I asked, "What is
the capital of New York state?" They looked at me like I was a real
Canadian moron and everyone at the table exclaimed it was New York city. I
said it was my first time to the great state of New York but even I know
that the capital city of New York state is Albany.   I impressed the group
since I know all 50 states and their capitals.  My geographical knowledge
is vastly superior.

In Canada, we learn about everyone else. In the United States, they learn
only about themselves and that basically consists of memorizing president
names and battle dates.  Knowledge like that is not really helpful when
traveling abroad.  In fact, I have found that Americans are the least
clued in about what is happening outside their country.  The smart ones do
but that certainly did not come from their education system.

> >      Its really sad that we have no control over them.  Its like it
> > doesn't matter anymore at the voting booth.
>
> 100 years of "lesser of two evils" voting mentality.
>
> Voting for the "lesser evil" is STILL voting for evil.
>
> Do the right thing, and vote libertarian.

Is there a Canadian affiliate?

--
Michael Vester
A credible Linux advocate

"The avalanche has started, it is
too late for the pebbles to vote"
Kosh, Vorlon Ambassador to Babylon 5

------------------------------

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: US Navy carrier to adopt Win2k infrastructure
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 15:54:03 -0700

Chad Everett wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Apr 2001 04:48:09 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Chad Myers wrote:
> >>
> >> "JS PL" <hi everybody!> wrote in message
> >> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> >> I feel much better about the China situation now without Clinton in office.
> >> Clinton was giving them technology left and right. About 2 years ago,
> >> they were 10-15 years from having theatre ballistic missle launch capability.
> >> They didn't have the advanced rocketry to send a missle into space and
> >> have it land halway across the planet. Thanks to Clinton, they now have
> >> missles pointed at Los Angeles and San Fransico. Before, they could reach
> >> Japan, Korea and Taiwan.
> >
> >And lets not forget the designs for warheads to put into those missiles.
> >
> >Klinton should be tried for treason, and upon being found guilty,
> >hung by his testicle and then shot.
> >

> Of course, that sort of punishment is unconstitutional in the US.

How so?? I don't see any references in the U.S. constitution about
testicles.
Klinton is still being pursued, now that he can't kontrol the justice
dept.
How much did Klinton give away to the chinese??  Quite a bit!
This may cost everybody in the future.  Even other innocent countries
not even connected to this.