From: Scott Erb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Feminism ==> subjugation of males
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 23:12:43 GMT

Kurt Nicklas wrote:

>And he must have married some babe from Vassar or Smith

> and surely not someone from a place like Russia where more traditional male/female
> roles are the norm.
>
> <snicker>

Hey, she passed her CPA exam the first try, works full time, and we share household
chores completely.  Of course, usually when you try to insult people you don't know
anything about you get it wrong.

------------------------------

From: "billh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Subject: Re: OT: Treason (was Re: Communism)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 23:13:43 GMT

"Roberto Alsina"

> >> Indeed it remains. I even said so myself just above. BTW: the use of
> >> "yet" in that sentence makes no sense.
> >
> >Quibbling again.  Why?
>
> Trying to convince you to take remedial english classes.

Why did you snip, "BTW you are again wrong.  Get a good dictionary.  'Yet'
also means 'again' and 'nevertheless'."?

------------------------------

From: "billh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 23:15:31 GMT

"Roberto Alsina"

> After immigrating I could become a citizen. Yet you said I "will
> never become a juror". That is not something you can possibly know,

Tell us all when you do become a juror within any jurisdiction in the USA.

------------------------------

From: Danielle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: soc.men
Subject: Re: Women's rights and responsibilities.
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:16:09 +1200

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 22:57:20 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Stephen
Morgan) wrote:

>In soc.men, Jill wrote:
>> On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 05:10:22 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Stephen
>> Morgan) sent through the ether:

>Bunker.

>> >I must admit, I really have no idea who Alf Garnett is.
>>
>> No I think the poster above is referring to the late 80's sitcom about
>> a furry little muppet type alien named ALF (Alien Life Form).
>
>I have no idea who he is either.

Pretty much what the poster said he was. I sort of remember the
program, I would have been quite young at the time, but I did have an
ALF teddy bear. (blush)

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: 24 Apr 2001 23:16:56 GMT

billh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>"Roberto Alsina" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>> billh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> >
>> >"Roberto Alsina"

>not
>self-defense

>> >grounds
>in,
>> >or

>> >You are again wrong.  The "situation right now is" that it is legal to
>kill
>> >the intruder in some jurisdictions without having to prove you felt
>yourself
>> >to be in mortal danger.
>>
>> Be a bit more precise in what you mean by "some jurisdictions" and we may
>> have an argument.
>
>Texas and Florida for two there are others.  Check Texas Penal Code
>(Justifiable Use of Force and Deadly Force), Subchaper D (Protection of
>Property), Section 9.41 through 9.44.
>
>From Section 9.41 ( Protection of One's Own Property)
>
>A.  A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, moveable property is
>justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor
>reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or
>terminate the other's trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the
>property.

Allowing "Force" doesn't necessarily mean allowing shooting the trespasser.
In fact, since below it says "deadly force", it seems clear that above
deadly force is not intended.

>B.  A person unlawfully dispossessed of land or tangible, movable property
>by another is justified in using force against the other when and to the
>degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to
>reenter the land or recover the property if the actor uses the force
>immediately or in fresh pursuit after the dispossession and:

Same thing.

>    1.  the actor reasonably believes the other had no claim of right when
>he dispossessed the actor; or
>
>    2.  the other accomplished the dispossession by using force, threat, or
>fraud against the actor.
>
>From Section 9.42 (Deadly Force to protect Property):
>
>A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land
>or tangible, movable property:
>
>   1.  if he would be justified in using force against the other under
>Section 9.41; and
>
>   2.  when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is
>immediately necessary:
>
>         A.  to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary,
>robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal
>mischief during the nighttime; or
>
>         B.  to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after
>committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the
>nighttime from escaping with the property; and
>
>   3.  he reasonably believes that:
>
>        A.  the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any
>other means; or
>
>        B.  the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover
>the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk
>of death or serious bodily injury.

Ok, so let's consider just these two points, since one of them MUST be true
for deadly force to be allowed.

I have no big issue with B, since it's simply self defense.

A, on the other hand, really rubs me the wrong way. It makes it too easy to
commit murder and just claim the guy was robbing you. That part of the law
seems completely wrong.

For instance, Aaron could shot her wife in the kitchen with a lighter in her
hand and just say "she was going to commit arson".

>Bottom Line: If you burglar a house at night in Texas you must be prepared
>to die at the hands of a citizen using justifiable deadly force.

Remind me not to visit Texas, because the law there places too small
a value on human life.

--
Roberto Alsina

------------------------------

From: "Gary Hallock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Pete Goodwin is in good company
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 19:16:16 +0000

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Pete
Goodwin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
>
>> Considering that setting up network cards with YAST is rediculously
>> simple...
>
> Unless one is DHCP...

With Redhat, setting up DHCP is trivially simple.  During the install, it
detected both my token ring and my ethernet cards.  For each it asked me
if I wanted to use DHCP.  I checked the DHCP box for the the token ring
and entered the static address for the ethernet.  When I booted up after
the install both cards worked flawlessly.

Gary

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: 24 Apr 2001 23:21:37 GMT

billh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>"Roberto Alsina"

>> >Quibbling again.  Why?
>>
>> Trying to convince you to take remedial english classes.
>
>Why did you snip, "BTW you are again wrong.  Get a good dictionary.  'Yet'
>also means 'again' and 'nevertheless'."?

To prevent further humiliation. I am a kind guy. But since you insist:

The question didn't "again" go unanswered because it was not asked again.

The question didn't "nevertheless" go unanswered because it didn't go
unanswered "in spite of" what I said, but *because* of what I said.

Yes, Bill, those are quibbles.

--
Roberto Alsina

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: 24 Apr 2001 23:23:34 GMT

billh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>"Roberto Alsina"
>
>> After immigrating I could become a citizen. Yet you said I "will
>> never become a juror". That is not something you can possibly know,
>
>Tell us all when you do become a juror within any jurisdiction in the USA.

Let me guess... I immigrate, I naturalize, then I get called, eventually,
and not disqualify myself, then I am not disqualified during jury selection.

AFAIK, that would be pretty much the whole path.

--
Roberto Alsina

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 19:25:17 -0400

Roberto Alsina wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 10:43:31 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> >> And you forgot the communist conspiracy theory.
> >>

> >Come visit the united states sometime.  The communism is right out in the open.
>
> Well, seen from here, it's hard to tell a democrat from a republican.
> The US is so right-wing,
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Translation: not as communist as most countries Roberto knows..

> what you call communists

Do you have another name for those who advocate Marx's philosophy known as "Communism"?

>in most places are considered moderate left-leaning centrists.
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

in very communist places, American's soft-line communists are considered centrists.

Which is like saying 'in the mojave desert, a 105 F (40C) day is considered
cool and refreshing"

Robert has just demonstrated that his baseline of evaluation is the
political standards of radical Communist countries.

> Then again, you consider a theocratic monarchy without civil rights
> "a nice place to live", so I will take your evaluation of political
> environments with a pinch of salt.

Have *you* lived in Saudi Arabia?

A) yes
B) NO

Here's a clue:

Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh, alt.law-enforcement, alt.politics.bush,
alt.rush-limbaugh,             alt.society.liberalism, misc.survivalism,
talk.politics.guns, talk.politics.misc
Message ID: <IrHE6.848$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Radical environmental groups (ELF and ALF) break law to make their points

N9NWO wrote:
> Both Aaron and I have lived in Saudi Arabia.  It is not
> a western culture.  And most of the policies are a reflection
> of what the people believe in.  Those policies have their
> roots in culture, religious and family structure.  The average
> Saudi is far more family oriented, far more religious, than
> the average American.  In fact any Saudi that comes to study
> in America often winds up more religious after several years
> of dealing with the emptiness of America culture.  We could
> spot the Saudi men who had studied in America because
> their beards were fuller, a sign of religious faith.

> Thus your opinions are off base.

> --
> Roberto Alsina

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 19:27:52 -0400

Roberto Alsina wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 17:21:53 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >WesTralia wrote:

> >> Aaron's hatred of women is really starting to perfectly fit the
> >
> >Hatred of male-hating sexism  =/= hatred of women.
>
> You said women are better off when they are not allowed to walk in
> the street without male company.
>
> That's pretty hateful.

So says Roberto, who maintains that it is wrong to kill rapists.

You really are a sick, SADISTIC fuck, Roberto.

REALLY, REALLY SICK

> --
> Roberto Alsina

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 19:29:21 -0400

Edward Rosten wrote:

> > I know that logical thinking is difficult for you, so I will try to be
> > clear:
> >
> > It can be dangrous for women to walk alone.  Women walking alone armed
> > with guns can defend themselves.  People like you would like to rob
> > women of their ability to defend themselves.  People like you would like
> > to see women walk alone with no practical way to protect themselves.
>
> Round where I live, it is far mor common for men walking on their own to
> be attacked than women bceause men are seen as `fair game'.

Which is why, where women are concerned Saudi society is actually MUCH
more kind to women then American society.

> Personally, I thing introducing more guns is a silly thing to do.
>
> -Ed
>
> --
> You can't go wrong with psycho-rats.
>
> u 9 8 e j r (at) e c s . o x . a c . u k

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.