From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why Linux Is no threat to Windows domination of the desktop
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 02:56:16 -0400

nunnayabidniz wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 23:44:52 +0100, "Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> >> I don't know about other people, but the repulsive feelings I have about
> >> it are pratty damned instinctual...
> >>
> >> The first time I ever heard of it, (mentioned in a medical textbook) my
> >> thought was, OH, GROSS!...
> >
> >And your point is?
> >
> >-Ed
>
> homosexuality is not genetic, it is a choice.
>
> The feelings we have about it are for self-preservation of our
> species, and they are right.

Not to mention the desire to keep one's genitals feces-free.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 02:58:26 -0400

Ray Fischer wrote:

> nunnayabidniz  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >homosexuality is not genetic, it is a choice.
>
> Why did you choose to be heterosexual?

because successful DNA are those that reproduce.

Part of being successful is being sexually attracted to members
of the APPROPRIATE sex.

There are only two explanations for homosexuality
a) it's a choice
b) genetic defect in the brain.

Hope that helps.

> >The feelings we have about it are for self-preservation of our
> >species, and they are right.
>
> Bigots always have some justification.
>
> --
> Ray Fischer         When you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]  into you  --  Nietzsche

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Bye all. Wow the Linux scene has changed.
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 23:58:28 -0700

Hullo wrote:

> [...]
> manager armed with Citrix material of the advantages of X with what you
> posted here (O that's right you don't actually know about purchasing
> managers, cost centres or any of the other pains in the ass real world techs
> have to deal with). I've been using X for years, but TS will give my pain in
> the ass users what they want, a windows desktop they know how to use. I'll
> keep using X but I like to go home occasionally and don't plan to try and
> convert the fools in sales when they have just mastered sending mail with
> outlook. Software is never free - it always has a support cost and at least
> I can predict what it will be with Sun and Microsoft and rely on those
> companies to ensure a pool of if not competent people, at least a known
> minimum standard I can hire from..PPC man you are like an Alpha man - lost
> in the spin of marketing departments who don't know or care about you.
>
> Knowing how to use VI is a basic skill by the way and not something to crow
> about like it is special (bit of an interview tip for you there kiddo). Most
> decent graduates write their own editors at some point by the way, and it
> might be a project to consider if you plan on actually learning to code
> someday. If you can't use word you are just pathetic and should keep quiet.
> It's just an expensive word processor and not a substantial intellectual
> challenge.
>
> As for the guy who "pretends" to use 98, may I point out that you may "fool"
> someone if you included these as strings
>
> As opposed to the bizarre logic that the average 98 user runs mozilla (LOL).
> I mean if there is one thing that Unix does make easy it's newsgroups. I
> don't need a bastard operator from hell, I need a nice person who does a
> good job and can be polite to other staff. "The best in German Engineering",
> since when has the best in German engineering been started by a Finn? Not
> just a bit paranoid but also it would appear an obsessive nationalist, like
> Europe needs more of that. That  let's get nationalist thing was in evidence
> again from the "pomme" character, BTW I'm Irish.
>
> Well, enough kiddie play (what was with the guy who hates women and the
> Italian who is into beating children???). I wish Linux could be rolled back
> to when it ran on a 386 DX 16 and Linux users were nice friendly people
> (best illustrated by Linus himself). Just goes to show you that nothing good
> lasts forever. Maybe when IBM get their house in order I'll look at Linux
> again. Maybe if you had kids you would find the prospect of dinking with
> Xfree for days less appealing and use something that just worked in the
> first place.
>
> Maybe I'll see some of you via your CVs, but don't wait for an interview.
> You all begin your code with void main (void) don't you? (can you even
> figure out what's wrong with that)  And remember - no ones going to hire you
> for your ability to download and play with virus toolkits.

Well, sonny, if you came in here for any anti W2k material all you had
to do was read, not post.  You aren't a very bright manager then if you
post the way you did.  I suspected as much from the beginning.  If I
were you, you should get your resume ready as I hear the unemployment
line this year is going to be long.
   However, I suspect you already are unemployed.  I don't need a job as
I'm retired and have it made in the shade sonny.  I already have my
hobby and I could care less about MickeySoft products.
     Oh, BTW, don't install W2K in lieu of UNIX... you'll be sorry.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,soc.singles
Subject: Re: Baseball
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 03:01:44 -0400

Nomen Nescio wrote:

> Chris Ahlstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> eeped:
> > Nomen Nescio wrote:
> > >
> > > how many retailers sell linux machines again?
> > >                         jackie 'anakin' tokeman
> > >
> > > p.s. sneering & not bathing does not a viable marketing strategy make
> >
> > Only a moron would wonder about the sales of a
> > free downloadable operating system.
>
> funny, i could have sworn i saw a bunch of nerdos whining about how
> mean old microsoft was preventing retailers and vendors from selling
> machines with linux preinstalled via those mean nasty monopolistic
> agreements.

Logic take a holiday at your house, Jackie?

> it is good that at least one person concedes that linux's absolute
> failure to penetrate the desktop is entirely the fault of the system
> rather than blaming microsoft for its woeful inadequacies.

How many windows user's installed their own OS?

I rest my case.

>                         jackie 'anakin' tokeman
>
> men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth - more than ruin,
> more even than death
> - bertrand russell

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Subject: Re: Communism, Communist propagandists in the US...still..to this day.
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 03:04:48 -0400

"Gunner ©" wrote:

> On 24 Apr 2001 17:21:51 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina) wrote:
>

> >>Sure is, to the nation. However..courts have held consistently, that the
> >>State has no obligation to protect the Individual.
> >
> >Protecting the nation is protecting the individuals.
> >
> >--
> >Roberto Alsina
> So... there is a GDL Mk2 satellite watching my home for me, and there
> are a squad of Rangers (HU HA!) making sure no one steals my lawnmower.
> THANKS Roberto. Im ever so greatful for that.

Evidently, Roberto is yet another example of how you can take the boy
out of the Latin-American police state, but you can't take the Latin
American police state out of the boy.

> Gunner
>
> ""The greatest evil is conceived and ordered (moved, seconded, carried and minuted)
>  in clean, carpeted, warmed and well-lighted offices...like the
> bureaucracy of a police state or a thoroughly nasty business concern."
> C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Women's rights and responsibilities.
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 03:14:30 -0400

jet wrote:

> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > jet wrote:
> > >
> > > Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > > ignorant

> > > believe

> year, I
> > > say

> own

> > > you've
> the
> terms
> > > of

> or
> > > leave

> bad,

> women

> unescorted,

> States
> feminism

> jobs
> > > and

> > > turn

> > > Bait and switch.
> >

> > Yes, that *IS* what you were trying to pull.
>
> Gee, why did you snip the part where I said you can have the right to do
> something, but not the power? You tried to switch "power" for "right".

If I snipped it, then how could i switch it, you ignorant cunt...

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why do Win advocates suck?  Part 1
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 03:16:23 -0400

GreyCloud wrote:

> Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
> >
> > [snips]
> >
> > "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > > And, as noted, the old games like nethack and rogue, which can even
> > > be played on a dumb ascii terminal are far more challenging.
> >
> > And books are more challenging than television; yet television sets still
> > sell like hotcakes.  Apparently, people are not, on the whole, satisfied
> > with 1960's technology and expect a little more out of their machines these
> > days.
>
> Actually, a few TV type stores in our area went out of business and
> Barnes & Nobles is getting pretty crowded these days.  There's nothing
> to watch on TV.

GOOD!

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.