  Re: Feminism ==> subjugation of males ("jet")

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.theory,comp.arch,comp.object
Subject: Re: Blame it all on Microsoft
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 13:11:42 -0400

Edward Rosten wrote:

> > You are naive. I'm talking about the MIT Open Source culture that dates
> > to the 1950's.  All Stallman did was institutionalize it by creating the
> > GPL and the Athena Foundation.
>
> The Open Source culture had nothing to do with MIT. It was a global
> phenomenon at that time.

I refer to MIT as a specific example.

And considering how FEW schools had computers at the time, the distribution
of the culture might have been multi-national...even inter-continental,
but the number of people involved with computing, (let alone open source
computing) was so small that one could hardly call it "global"

Even TELEPHONE usage is not truly global yet.  There are entire districts
in Africa and China with not even a single telephone in many towns.

> -Ed
>
> --
> You can't go wrong with psycho-rats.
>
> u 9 8 e j r (at) e c s . o x . a c . u k

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.arch,comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.object,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.theory,misc.invest.stocks
Subject: Re: Impact of Internet
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 13:14:15 -0400

Jan Vorbrueggen wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > World Wide Web is nothing more than web servers.
>
> There are other URL prefixes than "http". For instance, "ftp", "wais",
> "telnet", "gopher", ...

ftp, wais, telnet, and gopher are NOT the World Wide Web.

They all preceeded the World Wide Web.

Just because you can do E-mail with WWW tools does not mean that
E-mail is built on WWW technology....merely there is a WWW front-end
to the E-mail technology.

Likewise with ftp, wais, telnet and gopher

I was using ftp and telnet  in 1984
I was using gopher in 1986

The world Wide Web didn't appear outside of CERN until 1992 or so

>         Jan

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
gnu.emacs.help,alt.religions.vim,alt.religion.emacs,fj.editor.vi,comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: Tired of XEMACS, moving to VIM
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 13:15:07 -0400

Paul Hughett wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> : magnetic disks are for weenies.
>
> : real men use punch cards.
>
> And use a bowie knife to cut the holes; you just have to be careful
> not to cut yourself when you square off the corners.

that's why REAL programmers are experts at mumble-de-peg

> Paul Hughett

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: soc.singles,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.men
Subject: Re: Women's rights and responsibilities.
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 13:25:11 -0400

BrendaLee wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
> >
> > BrendaLee wrote:

> > > If I were a man and some woman was trying to pin me as the father
> > > of a child that was not mine, no amount of money would be too
> > > expensive, because whatever the cost is, it would be less than a
> > > lifetime of costs that were not my responsibility.
> >
> > Actually, Brenda, that's part of the scam.
>
> okay, I'm listening
> >
> > If they can push the legal costs of fighting it to a significant fraction
> > (say, the equivalent of 12 years of child support, with NO GUARANEE
> > of victory), then that eliminates a lot of child support challenges
> > right off the bat.
>
> This is true.. And I can see that as happening. Many men are not
> financially equipped to pay the costs of a DNA paternity suit .
> >

> > > And I was under the impression in the cases of questionable
> > > paternity that a DNA sample could be demanded.
> >
> > Nope.  Paternity is still judged on English common law: whoever
> > the mother CLAIMS is the father *IS* the father, until proven
> > otherwise.
>
> Hmmm, I did not know this..
> >
> > > I cannot picture a
> > > court or other such institution demanding a man pay when he is in
> > > doubt of being the natural father.
> >
> > The courts are in the dark ages--when men who were off in some
> > foreign land for over a YEAR before the birth of a child could be,
> > AND STILL ARE, deemed the legal father of the child.
>
> In many respects I believe this to be true. I don't know why the
> court system would not keep current with the times. Any ideas as
> to why that would be the case?

Two reasons

A) NOW opposes any changes

B) Male politicians (i.e. socio-political elites) find the status quo
to be a convenient way to saddle large numbers of OTHER men with
extremely huge burdens.

Also, the whole divorce/child-support industry is set up to foster
the illusion in women that they can be successful "single mothers"

What this does, for the politician who is smart enough to keep his
family together (*) is that not only does he have the advantage over
other men of being one of those who *makes* the rules, but ALSO that
the other men are getting saddled with this child-support crap, which
reduces the number of men who could successfully dislodge him from
his position (it's pretty hard to run for political office when
you're working two jobs just to be able to afford $0.50/pound chicken
parts).

Not ONLY that, but, becuase the women have been lured into the
false paradise of single-motherhood, the politicians' CHILDREN
have further advantages over those of these other children
(no matter if the name listed as the father on their birth
certificate is correct or not)

(*) or politicians who truly DO have enough power and money to
provide adequate resources for those children of theirs not
living in said politicians' households

> BrendaLee
>

> > The fact that feminists say *NOTHING* about this ridiculous state
> > of affairs (other then defending it) just goes to show how morally
> > bankrupt they are
> >

> > > BrendaLee

> > > --
> > > BrendaLee
> > > Lady DreamCatcher
> > > --------------------
> > > http://www.cocreator.com/ehmka/
> > > -------------------------------------
> > >
> > > brendalee makes the world better by her presence in it.
> > >
> > >               ~~jackie 'anakin' tokeman~~
> > >
> > > when you dance with an angel the angel don't change the angel
> > > changes you
> > >               ~~jackie 'anakin' tokeman~~
> >
> > --
> > Aaron R. Kulkis
> > Unix Systems Engineer
> --
> BrendaLee
> Lady DreamCatcher
> --------------------
> http://www.cocreator.com/ehmka/
> -------------------------------------
>
> brendalee makes the world better by her presence in it.
>
>               ~~jackie 'anakin' tokeman~~
>
> when you dance with an angel the angel don't change the angel
> changes you
>               ~~jackie 'anakin' tokeman~~

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Kelsey Bjarnason" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Feminism ==> subjugation of males
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:26:21 GMT

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > For a self-proclaimed freedom lover, you have a very hard time
> > > noticing the difference between personal preference and enforced
> > > restriction.
> >
> > he has the same problem with microsoft's right to sign contracts and the
> > consumer's right to choose whatever os they please.
>
> No..only when the consumer is DENIED the right to choose whatever OS they
please.

Funny; I've _never_ been deined the right to choose whatever OS I please.
Nor has anyone else I've ever heard of.  Even if I get a particular OS
preinstalled, I can always pick another one, right?

Oh, maybe your local CompuShop or whatever doesn't sell your pet OS.  Fine,
can it be ordered from an online vendor?  Purchased from another local
vendor?  Purchased from a store one state over?

No, wait, it is, I suppose, possible that you do happen to live in some
obscure location that _none_ of the online vendors will deliver to, that
only has one local vendor, a vendor who doesn't carry that OS, that you're
confined to your location, that you have no friends or family who could
purchase it on your behalf, that you don't trust anyone, anywhere, enough to
have them buy it for you (or they don't like or trust you enough to do it on
your behalf)...

Yeesh, with that level of restriction on your ability to do things, I'd
think not being able to get your particular OS would be the least of your
worries.

> Aaron R. Kulkis
> Unix Systems Engineer
> DNRC Minister of all I survey
> ICQ # 3056642

[snip of stupid sig-bomb]

------------------------------

From: "Kelsey Bjarnason" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles,soc.men,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.military.folklore
Subject: Re: Shooting Medics and other Geneva Convention Violations
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:26:21 GMT

> billh wrote:
> >
> > "Aaron R. Kulkis

> > > ANSWER THE QUESTION, COWARD!
> >
> > My, aren't you excitable today.  Dance, wannabe, dance.  LOL!!!
>
> NOTICE that BILL HUDSON IS SUCH A **COWARD***, HE EVEN SNIPS THE
QUESTION!!!!

> Bill, you have ZERO credibility until you ANSWER THE QUESTION

I see.  When someone expects _you_ to put up, it's "Jump!" but when it's you
asking _them_ to put up, well, hell, that's okay.

You're a funny little man, Aaron.

------------------------------

From: "jet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: e: Feminism ==> subjugation of males
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:37:45 -0700

The Ghost In The Machine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, jet
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  wrote
> on Sun, 22 Apr 2001 20:34:06 -0700
> <9c077p$2rlc$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> >Brent R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> [snip for brevity]
>
> >> I think she was complaining that Lara Croft represented unrealistic
body
> >> proportions
> >
> >Well, um, duh. And so what?
>
> Well, there might be one advantage to being, erm, proportioned like L.C.;
> presumably, she can hold the automatic weapon in front of her and
> the kickback from said rifle would keep her from tipping forward.  :-)

Ah, so, it's all for the sake of science. :)

> I would think a more logical physique would be lithe and
> skinny, with a sports bra/shorts type outfit for hot weather as
> she runs around from dangerous point to dangerous point trying
> to keep from getting shot.  Mind you, in cooler weather, camos would
> probably work a lot better.... :-) but really, her current green outfit
> would stick out like a sore thumb anywhere she wanted to try to hide.
> Realistic?  Yeah right...but then, guess what the target market is?
> Hint: it's not post-pubescent females...
>
> However, one might also go for squat and muscular; L.C.'s waist
> looks wonderful, but I doubt it gives her the ability to
> breathe deeply should she need the energy.  (Think a combination
> of opera singer and SWAT commando. :-) )
>

> >>and that that somehow prevented young girls from entering
> >> into Math/Science.
> >
> >Barbie dolls didn't stop me.
>
> Personally, I wonder who the dumbass was who programmed in the
> "Math is haaaaaaard" into them at one point.

I don't see the problem with that. So what if math is hard? It was hard for
me at times. I think taking that away sends a worse message: girls can't do
or shouldn't attempt hard things.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Terry Porter)
Subject: Re: Pete Goodwin is in good company
Date: 24 Apr 2001 23:55:38 GMT

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 09:05:24 +0100,
 Pete Goodwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
>> > Ah so you finally admit Linux cannot replace Windows?
>> Linux has never sought to replace the buggy, white goods software that is
>> Windows. Linux is a UNIX clone, and UNIX was released in 1973.
>
> That's because it can't. Not in it's current form.
You still don't get it, Linux **DOES NOT WANT TO REPLACE** Windows!

That would be like a Hornet wanting to replace a Cesna light aircraft!

>> Linux is not Windows.
>
> Well, duh.
Yep.

>> Everything has a few problems, this is no reason not to use something.
>
> When those few problems exceed the thing that you're switching away
> from... what then?
Then try something else to solve your problems.

>> Goodwin, you're a persistant Wintroll, your arguments are weak, your efforts
>> to comprehend whats being said to you in this forum seem less than sincere to
>> me.
>
> That's your opinion and your welcome to it.
Thank you :)

>> But your polite and entertaining, what more could a COLA reader ask for?
>
> Probaby a good slanging match, a la (yuk) Jerry Springer?
Oh I'd enjoy that, I'm exactly the pita in real life that I appear to be here
on COLA :)

--
Kind Regards
Terry

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Terry Porter)
Date: 24 Apr 2001 23:56:41 GMT

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 09:02:32 +0100,
 Pete Goodwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
>
>> DHCP works for Peter if he starts it manually.  It's what?...
>> A week later?... and he still hasn't figured out how to get
>> the manual command in his startup scripts?  And he says this
>> is a problem with Linux + X + KDE 2.1
>
> I have better things to do rather than run around trying out the latest
> broken idea from anyone here.
Obviously posting FUD on COLA is one of those things ?

--
Kind Regards
Terry

From: "jet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:46:53 -0700

Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> [...]
> >    >> >>
> >    Aaron> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >    >> >> >>
> >    >> >> >> >>>>> Aaron R Kulkis writes:
> >    >> >> >>
> >    Aaron> Brent R wrote:
> >    >> >> >>
> >    >> >> >> >> > Modern feminism decries "the patriarchy", and then
whines for
> >    >> >> >> >> > it to come back and clean up her diapers, because she
still hasn't
> >    >> >> >> >> > learned to shit in the toilet.
> >    >> >> >>
> >    >> >> >> >> Jesus man, do you really have to be that crude?
> >    >> >> >>
> >    >> >> >> >> Be careful Aaron, not all women are like that, I wouldn't
even say the
> >    >> >> >>
> >    Aaron> I wasn't referring to "all women" is was referring to that
body
> >    Aaron> known as "feminism"
> >    >> >> >>
> >    >> >> >> No, you are talking about a tiny minority of those women who
> >    >> >> >> self-identify as feminist.  For most women that means that
women
> >    >> >> >> have equal rights as men.  Not the lunatic fringe that
declare
> >    >> >> >> all heterosexual sex is rape.
> >    >> >>
> >    Aaron> Thank you for agreeing with me.
> >    >> >>
> >    >> >> So you think most women that call themselves feminists
> >    >> >> are not really feminists?
> >    >>
> >    Aaron> Most American women who don't even call themselves feminists
have a SEVERE
> >    Aaron> "women should be able to take anything a man has, and give
nothing
> >    Aaron> in return" attitude.
> >
> >    Aaron> Those who do call themselves feminist advocate the use of
kangaroo
> >    Aaron> courts to accomplish it.
> >
> >    >> You did not answer my questions.
> >
> >    >> I am sorry your experience of American women has
> >    >> been so poor.
> >
> >    Aaron> Actually, my own PERSONAL experience has been ok.  However,
one does
> >    Aaron> not need to personally experience divorce, etc. to know how
badly the
> >    Aaron> guys get shafted....all you need to do is pay attention to
what is
> >    Aaron> happening to all of the other men around you.
> >
> > I do.  I have personally seen no bad cases.  All the divorces
> > I personally know about were settled on child support, not
> > alimony.  And in the cases where the woman was the larger breadwinner
> > and joint or paternal custody, the woman paid the child support.
> >
> >    >> I personally know no women that are at all like
> >    >> the ones you seem to think are most American women.
> >
> >    Aaron> You must live in a cave.
> >
> > Nope, but perhaps I hang with a better crowd than you do.
>
> This is your way of saying that you don't associate with American women...

Sour grapes from the reject who is pretending he is doing the rejecting.