Linux-Advocacy Digest #950, Volume #34            Mon, 4 Jun 01 05:13:04 EDT

Contents:
  Re: Linux beats Win2K (again) ("Edward Rosten")
  Re: Linux beats Win2K (again) ("Edward Rosten")
  Re: The beginning of the end for microsoft (GreyCloud)
  Re: The beginning of the end for microsoft (GreyCloud)
  Re: Linux beats Win2K (again) ("Edward Rosten")
  Re: What does Linux need for the desktop? ("Edward Rosten")
  Re: Windows makes good coasters ("Edward Rosten")
  Re: Microsoft Office Pricing (GreyCloud)
  Re: Argh - Ballmer ("Mart van de Wege")
  Re: UI Importance ("Sam Morris")
  Re: What does XP stands for ??? (GreyCloud)
  Re: UI Importance ("Mart van de Wege")
  Re: Microsoft - WE DELETE YOU! (Mark Lindner)
  Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux starts  getting
good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!) (Peter =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6hlmann?=)
  Re: Just when Linux starts getting good, Microsoft buries it in the       dust!
(Peter =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6hlmann?=)
  Re: The usual Linux spiel... (was Re: Is Open Source for You?) (GreyCloud)
  Re: The usual Linux spiel... (was Re: Is Open Source for You?) ("Edward Rosten")
  Re: UI Importance ("Ayende Rahien")

From: "Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux beats Win2K (again)
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 09:52:58 +0100

>>> Which is one of its major faults. There should be some way that I can
>>> moderate this newsgroup.
>
>>Well, feel free to create a comp.os.linux.advocacy.moderated group, but
>>with opiniois such as yours, don't expect anyone to read it if you're
>>doing the moderating.
>
> I'm after moderating this newsgroup.

I can see that happening soon.

>>Besides, why should you have more of a right than anyone else to
>>moderate the group?
>
> Shut up fool, or I'll moderate out all your posts when I become
> moderator.

Uh, yeah. Come on then.

-Ed

--
(You can't go wrong with psycho-rats.)               (u98ejr)(@)(ecs.ox)(.ac.uk)

/d{def}def/f{/Times-Roman findfont s scalefont setfont}d/s{10}d/r{roll}d f 5 -1
r 230 350 moveto 0 1 179{2 1 r dup show 2 1 r 88 rotate 4 mul 0 rmoveto}for/s 15
d f pop 240 420 moveto 0 1 3 {4 2 1 r sub -1 r show}for showpage

------------------------------

From: "Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 09:53:50 +0100

>> Shut up fool, or I'll moderate out all your posts when I become
>> moderator.
>
> Ed isn't a fool, DrSquare.

Thanks.

-Ed

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.arch,misc.invest.stocks
Subject: Re: The beginning of the end for microsoft
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 00:53:11 -0700

Chris Morgan wrote:

> GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > My IBMs restore CD, which I had to use a few times, formats the hard
> > drive and then installs from scratch.
>
> Yes but is it a fully automatic process putting it into only one
> state, or is it the normal install process of retail, or OEM,
> non-upgrade, Windows? I think not. Restore CDs are a way to sell
> people windows without letting them have anywhere near as much choice
> as the full product. As such they are much simpler to use. Of course
> sometimes they don't even really give you a cd, they just steal some
> of your hard disk space with the "cd" and then restore from there
> e.g. a Compaq I have had to fix a couple of times.
> --

The IBM restore CD asked if a few questions about "Large Hard Disk
support or not... format the hard disk or not"... the applications disk
was a separate CD. This was an OEM CD of windows which contained IBMs
proprietary drivers.  Some very nice software was included called
verisafe that notices when system files are changed by accident by other
software installations. Once I had installed AT&T internet disk and
found that it had changed a lot of things very deeply and I didn't like
that... all I did was click on verisafe and restored to a previous state
in a couple of seconds. It cleared out all references to AT&T.

------------------------------

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: misc.invest.stocks,comp.arch
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 00:54:56 -0700

John Bayko wrote:

> [...]
> > of a nail... and they've hung their hopes on yet another commercial Linux
> > distribution.
> >
> > If I'm wrong, I'll be more than happy to be corrected.
>
>     Well, I did say Amiga, not Amiga OS, although the OS is not quite
> dead either, just severely marginalized for dedicated hobbyists. It's
> has a couple releases since Commodore went under (it's up to 3.9), and
> there's a roadmap for updates through 4.0 to 5.0 (which is actually an
> entirely different OS - see below).
>     Amiga the company is basically developing an entirely new OS based
> on the work of a company called Tao Group, which has so far supported
> itself supplying embedded Java VMs (I believe), which compile JVM code
> to whatever native CPU it's running on (at load time, not JIT, and the
> compiled binaries are stored for next time). They've developed their own
> OS (Elate/OS) and Virtual Processor which is much better suited for
> compilation-on-demand than Java's stack-oriented VM.
>     Amiga is working on the GUI and integrating other technologies to
> create the Amiga Digital Environment (Amiga DE). Like the JVM, the Tao
> Group VP can run atop another OS, or can run on naked hardware. Right
> now the Amiga DE developer version (incomplete) is available for Linux
> and Windows.
>     The design means that this CPU independent code can run on different
> CPUs at near-native speed, unlike Java. Reports I've seen are very
> positive. Java can also be compiled to the VP, and Java is supposed to
> be one of the key languages for this system. Another is "Safe-C", which
> should be self-explanatory :).
>     What the company is aiming for is embedded systems, and they've
> released information that this software will be the base for an unnamed
> PDA expected to ship "in the millions of units". They are also aiming
> for the same "Digital Hub" that Steve Jobs wants to position the Mac
> for, but Amiga also wants their software to run the consumer appliances
> as well - MP3 players, DVD players, Internet appliances, video phones, etc.
>     As for the traditional Amiga OS, the Amiga web site details the
> transition from the current 68000 + PowerPC accelerator to PowerPC with
> emulation, finally transitioning to fully PowerPC with native Amiga Exec
> libraries running on Elate/OS. A few Amiga hardware companies are making
> PowerPC-based systems using a common hardware specification called
> AmigaOne (expected within a year - well, within months, but more likely
> closer to a year).
>     Current Amiga users (the whole dozen) should be able to continue
> with their favourite OS for the forseeable future, providing fascinating
> applications for the embedded system developers to take advantage of -
> at least that's what they seem to hope. They may also just be trying to
> keep the users happy so they get good word-of-mouth, but who takes
> Amigans seriously anyway?
>     As far as I know, that's about where the Amiga stands.

My Amiga 3000 sits in the attic keeping the spiders company. :-)

From: "Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 09:56:23 +0100

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Pete
Goodwin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In article <9fct5c$ne$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
>
>> What's with the
>>
>> "SourceFogre uses SSH... hmm...?"
>>
>> Look slike you're trying to imply something about SSH. It was not a
>> problem with SSH. It was no coincidence that almost everyone
>> interpreted the post in that way. You dressed it up to make it look
>> like it was an Apache/SSH problem (for one thing, if it wasn't, why
>> post it?).
>>
>> This is a classic example of what I have accused you of.
>
> I give you an inch and you run a mile with it. What exactly can you
> imply  from what I wrote? Almost anything you might want to say. It is
> not _my_  fault you and others inferred what you did. I was merely
> musing.
>
> In any case, it is nothing like what you've accused me of. You accused
> me  of snipping inappropriately, and I've done none of that. That you
> have  misinterpreted what I've said is not my fault, but yours. You see
> what  you want to see.

No. I accused you of snipping and posting out of context.

Also, you wrote it in a way to imply that. I can't prove that was the
implication, but it was bloody obvious and all replies to your post
seemed to agree with my point of view. If it was not the case, you made
no attempt to inform people that you had been misinterpreted, bcause that
is the way you wanted it to be interpreted.

-Ed

From: "Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: What does Linux need for the desktop?
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 09:59:22 +0100

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "drsquare"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, 03 Jun 2001 16:07:21 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>  (flatfish+++ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:
>
>>What does Linux need for the desktop?
>>
>>Some users would be nice :)
>
> And a non-shit GUI. You need to go delving into configuration files just
> to stop it scrolling around everywhere when you move the mouse to the
> side of the screen.

Look fool, quit complaining. You chose to use Debian which is a distro
for the hard core only. If you want a easier one, use RedHat. It even has
a control panel and a good tool for setting up printers and X.

-Ed

From: "Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Windows makes good coasters
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 10:01:58 +0100

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>PSP (Paint Shop Pro) only costs 100 bucks... and is almost as fully
>>functional as Photoshop.
>
> It costs 100 'bucks' less if you crack it.

Some us have morals and know that stealing is wrong.

-Ed

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Microsoft Office Pricing
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 01:00:54 -0700

Lars Poulsen wrote:

> MS Office comes in several "trim levels". If I remember correctly,
> the pricing is more or less as follows:
>
> Version                                      Upgrade Fullpack
> Standard (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outhouse) USD 230  USD 500
> Small Business (Std + Publisher)             USD 330  USD 600
> Professional   (Std + Access)                USD 330  USD 600
> Premium        (Professional + Publisher)    USD 430  USD 700
>
> In Office 2000 (as well as in '97), the standard and small business
> versions did not include PowerPoint, so most business users needed
> the "Professional" package. Since Access is available by itself
> for USD 100, the Professional package is now rather pointless.
> (As is the Word-only product: Word 2000 upgrade costs about the
> same as the "Works Bundle" fullpack which includes Word for less
> than half of the Word-only fullpack.)
>
> However, I am fairly certain that XP is no longer "purchase"
> (perpetual license), but a "rental", expiring after at most
> 3 years. In fact, I hear that the corporate volume licensing
> and support package after October 2001 will cost around USD
> 330 per desktop per year, and the license expires when the
> support contract does.
>
> I bet a lot of business customers will get off the upgrade
> train this year. I will be training our new uses on StarOffice,
> and putting the "Word Viewer", "Excel Viewer" and "PowerPoint
> Viewer" in an easily accessible place.

That is what I figured microsoft was heading -> licensing!  That is
awful for the home user.  Looks like WordPerfect is it for a few people
... StarOffice for some... Lotus Smart Suite for others.  Buy IBM and
you get Smart Suite included.  And it has the spreadsheet, word
processor, database manager, publisher and dayplanner.
I don't know how MS licensing and rental will affect Apple side of the
fence tho.

------------------------------

From: "Mart van de Wege" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Argh - Ballmer
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 10:06:09 +0200

In article <EHAS6.6385$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Erik Funkenbusch"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Marc Schlensog" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
<snip some stuff>

>> Of course they can. They can distribute modules for a certain non-GPL
>> proggie under the GPL license, can't they?
>
> No.  A module is just a dynamically linked object file, and the GPL
> specifically does not allow you to get around the GPL this way.

Actually I believe it is a little more complex than that. That is what
the whole VirtualDub flap is all about.
You can release GPL plugins for a non-GPL program, or you can release
non-GPL plugins for a GPL program, in both cases avoiding to invoke the
GPL on the non-GPL parts, as long as the plugins are only an extension to
the core functionality of the program. As soon as you migrate core
funcionality into the plugin, then the dreaded virality clause sets in.
VirtualDub is a nice example. The company distributing it wrapped it in a
DLL and GPL'ed the DLL. Then distributed the DLL with their proprietary
program, and advertised the features of VirtualDub (in the GPL'ed DLL
remember) as core functionality of the program. *This* invoked the GPL on
their proprietary software, and as they would not open it, constituted a
GPL violation.
It is however a grey legal area, so before you start mixing GPL with
proprietary software you intend to distribute, consult a lawyer, as this
my personal interpretation of the GPL and the GPL FAQ (I do have 2 years
of law school under my belt though).

Mart

--
Gimme back my steel, gimme back my nerve
Gimme back my youth for the dead man's curve

------------------------------

From: "Sam Morris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: UI Importance
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 08:08:20 GMT

"drsquare" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> On Sun, 03 Jun 2001 19:43:23 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>  (Woofbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:
>
> >In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, drsquare
> ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >> Vi is the only program you need to design web sites.
> >
> >No, vi is the only program *you* need to design web sites. The
> >popularity of good web design tools among profesisonal web site
> >designers is proof that GUI design tools are worth paying money for.
> >
> >And what's this vi crap? How DARE you use a screen-oriented text editor?
> >If your'e gonna be a REAL he-programmer, you should be using ed. }: )
>
> Actually, when I get the chance I prefer just to hex-edit my files!

Someone on one of these groups once said:

  I use "copy con filename.txt" - real men don't need "editors" because
  they don't make mistakes.

Made me smile. :)

--
Cheers,
Sam

umop apisdn

------------------------------

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: What does XP stands for ???
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 01:15:42 -0700

Robert Morelli wrote:

> In article
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> "GreyCloud" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >> The second revision came in the early 1990's.  At the influential ICA
> >> Theory of Languages Conference in 1989,  the question was posed,  "What
> >> programming language would provide the most inappropriate foundation
> >> for software development in the 1990's."  There was a panel discussion,
> >> and a lot of ideas where tossed around,  but the consensus settled on
> >> BASIC. In the next couple of years,  Microsoft began standardizing on
> >> Visual Basic.  At the Theory of Languages '92,  the "Beginner's
> >> All-purpose" in BASIC was changed to "Bill's Anacronistic" by
> >> resolution ICA-1143-92.
> > BASIC came out of Dartmouth College as a need to start students off to
> > later program in Fortran.  Haucks definition is correct.
>
> Do a google search on ICA-1143-92.  I think there's a preamble in it
> with a bit of history.  If you find it,  and read it thoroughly,  and you
> can refute its facts,  maybe I'll be willing to discuss the matter further.

Been there, done that.  Read some old Fortran IV books... you will find
that in there.
Even DEC basic manuals give acknowledgement to DartMouth College.
But then Gates does have an effect of tainting history.  I'm looking
more at Kemeny getting a grant from the National Science Foundation that
resulted in BASIC in 1964.

From: "Mart van de Wege" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 10:15:37 +0200
Crossposted-To: comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy

In article <9feqsu$mop$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Ayende Rahien"
<don'[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Nico Coetzee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
<snip some stuff>
>> Perhaps it's my ancient box at work then - PII 300 with 64MB RAM
>> running NT4 WS. Explorer is useless until the coping finishes.
>
> What is happening, exactly? Does the coputer stop working? Or does it
> work, but the copying box don't allow you to use Explorer until it's
> done?
>
> If the latter, than that is a sign of some of the bad UI slips of MS.
> They shouldn't have used a modal box here. It was present in 95, and
> fixed in 98. Maybe installing a recent IE would solve it?

No,

I see the same thing happening at work (also NT4 WS). I don't know a lot
about the internals of NT, but my guess is Explorer is doing synchronous
disk IO, thus tying up the computer for every disk operation. Which is a
major flap by MS, since I think that NT is quite capable of doing
a-synchronous IO.

Mart

From: Mark Lindner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Microsoft - WE DELETE YOU!
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 08:10:33 GMT

Chad Myers wrote:

> After installing patches (the list can be found in the NS 6 Solaris install
> readme), about 10 groups or 50 in all, the next reboot the I get:
>
> INIT: Cannot create /var/adm/utmp or /var/adm/utmpx
>
> INIT: SINGLE USER MODE
>
> ENTER RUN LEVEL (0-6, s or S):
>
> Nothing seems to work. I guess installing patches in Solaris is bad
> as it hoses the OS.

I have *never* had a Solaris patch haphazardly delete system directories, much
less hose my system. Probably you screwed something up during your install.

> I'll have to reinstall... again (since last time Netscape's cache
> filled the root partition when I downloaded the 500+MB Oracle 817
> install package and the system wouldn't boot anymore).

Your partition table is fucked. Next time, create a separate partition for
user accounts. It's stupid to have one big partition with everything in it.

Cheers,
Mark

Mark Lindner            http://www.dystance.net/
  "Microsoft's biggest and most dangerous contribution to the software
   industry may be the degree to which it has lowered user expectations."
                                                             -Esther Schindler

------------------------------

From: Peter =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6hlmann?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux starts
getting good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!)
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 09:02:50 +0200

> It's odd, but most of the Linux-zealots I know are either
> American-hating Europeans

Nope, lots of them have nothing against the americans.
I like that country and the americans in general.
You should change the people you hang around with.

> or European-hating Right Wing Americans (think
> Aaron Kulkis).

Well, that guy pretends to be a right-winged gun-lover, because
otherwise the gang outside his moms basement won´t accept him.
Problem is, he is way too dumb to be good at pretending. So, he gets
beaten up and raped every day. Note his obsession with anal sex.

Peter

--
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

------------------------------

From: Peter =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6hlmann?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Just when Linux starts getting good, Microsoft buries it in the
dust!
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 09:08:32 +0200

JS \\ PL wrote:
> I just had the pleasure of setting a system up yesterday.
> The first question the guy asked me today was "How do I recover from a
> frozen mouse cursor without just hitting the power switch."

My my, you are really incompetent. But that poor succer got what he called
for. He asked a Windows-guy to set up a linux box.

Peter

--
Windows is just the instable version of Linux for users who are too
dumb to handle the real thing.

------------------------------

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: The usual Linux spiel... (was Re: Is Open Source for You?)
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 01:24:33 -0700

Jan Johanson wrote:

> "GreyCloud" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > "Stephen S. Edwards II" wrote:
> > > Besides, If you had the kind of experience with UNIX
> > > that you seem to pretend to have, you'd understand
> > > why the Linux kernel is completely substandard.
> > >

> > Then you better tell the CEO of IBM that Linux is substandard because
> > they just dumped an awful lot of money into getting linux to run on
> > their mainframes. :-)
>
> Oh, I see, so Linux=good because a lot of money was spent modifying it to
> run on some once-upon-a-time-evil-empire's hardware?
>
> So, the $2 billion in R&D MS spends yearly on Windows, being greater than
> the <$1 billion IBM has spent pretty much helps confirm that Windows>Linux -
> is that what you meant?

Not at all.  IBM is more efficient than microsoft and I know quite a few
of their employees... gawd I sure wouldn't want to get under an MRI made
by Microsoft!

From: "Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 10:26:51 +0100

>> Sounds like COLA in reverse. We seem to get infested with wintrolls.
>> There's some pretty lame ones here.
>
> Sounds like the loonies are equally balanced. I don't read COLA, so I'm
> not familiar with the loons on your end.  I'm sure they are just as
> equally annoying.

Yep, there are really annoying Winvocates and Linvocates here as well.
But there is incessant trolling as well.

>> > Have you read any posts from Aaron R. Kulkis?  How about Matt
>> > Templeton?
>> >  Mig?  Derek Currie?  Mark S. Bilk?  Ugh! And those are just a minute
>> > few.
>>
>> I haven't heard from most of those for a while, except Aaron. Aaron is
>> a bigoted right wing net.kook twit with an idiotic sig, who deserves to
>> be in everyone's killfile. He's certainly in mine.
>
> Did you catch the thread about how he "modified" Mozilla to make it
> "look" like he was running Windows98?  That was actually pretty funny
> thread.

He claims it periodically. I don't think anyone believes him anymore. He
could have just altered the headers for one post to prove his point, but
nope.

> He actually challenged someone to discuss kernel internals once.  When
> he was called on it, he said that he refused to play such childish
> games, or some such.  Then, when the person who called him on it posted
> a large block of info on it, his response to that was "very good".  I
> didn't know whether I should bite onto a piece of leather, or laugh
> myself unconscious.

LOL!

He claims many stupid things. He seems to be an `expert' on every topic
coming up. He seems to disagree with most of the worlds experts on
desiease transmission. He also seems to think birds don't nurst their
young. These are some of the more recent things.

It is pretty funny to start with, but it weras thin. Now he's killfiled.

Actually, there was one thread I'm glad I didn't miss: it was a problem
with gcc x-posted to comp.lang.c. Aaron got killfiled by all the regular
posters on there.

-Ed

From: "Ayende Rahien" <don'[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 11:16:27 +0200

"Sam Morris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:UlHS6.39044$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> "drsquare" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > On Sun, 03 Jun 2001 19:43:23 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
> >  (Woofbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

> > >No, vi is the only program *you* need to design web sites. The
> > >popularity of good web design tools among profesisonal web site
> > >designers is proof that GUI design tools are worth paying money for.
> > >
> > >And what's this vi crap? How DARE you use a screen-oriented text
editor?
> > >If your'e gonna be a REAL he-programmer, you should be using ed. }: )
> >
> > Actually, when I get the chance I prefer just to hex-edit my files!
>
> Someone on one of these groups once said:
>
>   I use "copy con filename.txt" - real men don't need "editors" because
>   they don't make mistakes.
>
> Made me smile. :)

I *think* that was me.
I certainly used the copy con method for some time.
Of course, I'd to edit those files after ward with edlin...