From: "jet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Women's rights and responsibilities.
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:19:57 -0700

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
> >
> > jet wrote:
 > > Gee, why did you snip the part where I said you can have the right to
do
> > > something, but not the power? You tried to switch "power" for "right".

> > If I snipped it, then how could i switch it, you ignorant cunt...

Damn, you moron. You cut out what I said, (Amazing since you hardly ever
snip anything) and acted like I said something else.

From: "jet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:25:08 -0700

Sky King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] says...

All

> The women choose to live there so its their social choice. sky

> Unless of course women choose their lifestyle and have NO other
> choices at ALL. This is not the case.  They could leave the
> country etc.

How? Walk? And where to? And what if they don't even know about other
places?

You are stupid, and don't even consider these things.

> Well we have AA, quotas, diversity hiring, the VAWA, the Child
> Abandon Law and on and on.  All these benefit women and not
> men. Only men are forced by law to support kids that are not theirs.
> Name some that benefit only men.

A non issue. The claim was that women had no responsibities or restrictions
in the US. I'd like to know where that place is.

Crossposted-To: comp.theory,comp.arch,comp.object
Subject: Re: Blame it all on Microsoft
From: Anne & Lynn Wheeler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 18:19:21 GMT

Jan Vorbrueggen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> And MVS and VM had two different implementations of RSCS (the basis of
> BITNET), done by two indepedent groups I believe, which resulted in certain
> files crashing any MVS machine they happened to traverse when sent via BITNET
> (a store and forward network). Of course, RSCS is a resilient protocol, so
> when the other side came back again after the crash, the file was resent...

VM had RSCS (done originally in cambridge) ... HASP originally had
some networking code that I believe was originally/partially developed
by triangle university (at least some amount of the code in HASP made
reference to them). That was ported over into JES2 (when HASP became
JES2) ... and was generically labeled NJE (network job entry).

The JES2 NJE implementation shared some similar shortcomings with
ARPANET NCP ... networking, line-drivers, etc protocol somewhat all
mixed together ... no real "internetworking" support yet. The mixture
of different information corresponding to different levels of a
"protocol stack" in NJE headers caused them a lot of
problems. Different versions of JES2/NJE would frequently not
inter-operate ... and there were more than a few instances of where
one version of JES2/NJE attempting to process a network file from a
differen level of JES2/NJE would in the whole system crashing.

CPREMOTE/RSCS/VNET (i.e. VM's system which went thru various naming
iterations) had much cleaner layered implementation with effectively
internetworking & gateway support from just about its origins (and was
major reason that the internal network was larger than the whole
arpanet/internet up thru about '85). A typical RSCS/VNET might have
some number of "native" drivers as well as JES2/NJE drivers ... as
well as special drivers.

Because of the shortcomings in the NJE implementation (frequently
mixing all sorts of stuff in their headers) ... it was not uncommong
to find a RSCS node sitting between two JES2/NJE nodes ... where the
RSCS node had drivers for all the different versions of NJE ... and
would provide the appropriate header conversions in order to keep
different JES2/NJEs from crashing each other.

Because of various corporate issues, the native RSCS/VNET "native"
drivers eventually came into disuse in favor of standardized NJE
protocol (in part because RSCS/VNET operation was relatively protocol
neutral while NJE was tightly wedded to its protocol ... even tho
RSCS/VNET "native" drivers might have significantly higher thruput),
but it still continued to be common to find RSCS/VNET being
intermediate nodes between NJE nodes ... minimizing their ability to
corrupt and crash each other with version and/or maintenance activity.

random refs:
ttp://www.garlic.com/~lynn/95.html#7 Who built the Internet? (was: Linux/AXP..
Reliable?)
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/99.html#33 why is there an "@" key?
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/99.html#34 why is there an "@" key?
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/99.html#212 GEOPLEX
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2000b.html#29 20th March 2000
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2000b.html#43 Migrating pages from a paging device (was
Re: removal of paging device)
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2000b.html#67 oddly portable machines
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2000c.html#29 The first "internet" companies?
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2000d.html#72 When the Internet went private
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2000e.html#14 internet preceeds Gore in office.
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2000e.html#15 internet preceeds Gore in office.
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2000g.html#24 A question for you old guys -- IBM 1130
information
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001b.html#71 Z/90, S/390, 370/ESA (slightly off topic)
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001b.html#85 what makes a cpu fast
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001c.html#4 what makes a cpu fast
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001c.html#5 what makes a cpu fast

--
Anne & Lynn Wheeler  | [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/

------------------------------

From: "Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why Linux Is no threat to Windows domination of the desktop
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 20:26:36 +0100

>>So you're saying that because he's gay, he't turn other people gay, but
>>you would never do something similar because you're not.
>
> He made a stupid statement and I said so.  Having a desire or motivation
> for wanting others to be like you is NOT analogous to drugging someone
> so you can rape them.  Get it, genius?

No. You're saying that wanting others like you is the same as the desire
to _force_ others to be like you. He was pointing out how stupif that
point of view is.

>>You are a plain stupid bigot.
>
> No, you're just a little crybaby who thinks he can toss that word around
> just because your a member of a minority group.

Which minority group are you supposing I belong to, seeing as I haven't
claimed to be from any.

I still think you're a bigot.

-Ed

--
You can't go wrong with psycho-rats.

u 9 8 e j r (at) e c s . o x . a c . u k

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: e: Feminism ==> subjugation of males
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 18:25:10 GMT

   >> >Barbie dolls didn't stop me.

   >> Personally, I wonder who the dumbass was who programmed in the
   >> "Math is haaaaaaard" into them at one point.

   Aaron> A realist.

Math is not harder than any other topic.  That it is
is a self perpetuating myth.  Thankfully for my daughters,
my wife majored in math and is an actuary.

Both daughters love math and do great at it.  My twelve year
old wants to solve the Twin Prime Conjecture (she also wants
to cure cancer using molecular biology, so we will see where
she ends up).

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.fan.rush-limbaugh...)

------------------------------

From: David Dorward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Two articles from the register
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 19:35:13 +0100

Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> What a co-incidence, I don't run Redhat, so I'm not effected but that
> security lapse. Like most good users, I have all my software upto date,
> hence, I have not security concerns.

The BT news server seems to be missing a few articles (sigh) so I'm
replying here.

The problems with that were fixed and updates released long before the worm
was launched. The fault was with the admins for not grabbing the rpm
packages off the red hat site as advised.

--
David Dorward                               http://www.dorward.co.uk/
The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink

------------------------------

From: WesTralia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.arch,comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.object,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.theory,misc.invest.stocks
Subject: Re: Impact of Internet
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 13:34:43 -0500

"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:

> Jan Vorbrueggen wrote:
> >
> > "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > > World Wide Web is nothing more than web servers.
> >
> > There are other URL prefixes than "http". For instance, "ftp", "wais",
> > "telnet", "gopher", ...
>
> ftp, wais, telnet, and gopher are NOT the World Wide Web.
>
> They all preceeded the World Wide Web.
>
> Just because you can do E-mail with WWW tools does not mean that
> E-mail is built on WWW technology....merely there is a WWW front-end
> to the E-mail technology.
>
> Likewise with ftp, wais, telnet and gopher
>
> I was using ftp and telnet  in 1984
> I was using gopher in 1986
>
> The world Wide Web didn't appear outside of CERN until 1992 or so

Calm down before you have a heart attack.  Jan merely stated that
there are other prefixes in which to qualify an URL.  Remember,
an URL simply describes an object.

Back to the basement for you!

From: "Erik Funkenbusch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Importance, or lack, of Marketshare?
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 13:44:02 -0500

"Matthew Gardiner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:9c8uuf$sk2$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> I complain when products are sold at $1300, for an Office Suite! when
> Wordperfect suites all my needs, and it is sold at 1/2 the price.  You do
> the math, and work it out. The most I have ever paid for piece of sofware
> was $900 for Corel Draw 9 for Windows 2000. $800 for Windows 2000 Pro,
$800
> for a flaming OS! if that isn't highway robbery, then I don't know what
is!
> For $184 I have SuSE Linux 7.1, a complete OS, with applications, support
> etc. I would also be interested in the number of users who casually let
> their mates borrow their copy of Office and Windows, because it is clear
> that not all people have that sort of money, yet I know so many with a
> "back up version" sitting at their house.

I don't know what the new zealand dollar is compared to the US dollar, but
can it be that bad?  Win2k Pro is only $295 US.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.society.liberalism,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Subject: Re: Communism
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:46:38 -0400

theRadical wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:52:47 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >theRadical wrote:

>the fee when

>see lots of
>already got a

>gunner would

>indeed
>adjustment.
>6 weeks
>includes

>front of
>sandaled
>puddle)

>thing

> >> yes, and i am the one with poor communications skills, huh liar?
> >
> >I'm pretty sure everybody reading me understand exactly what I was trying
> >to communicat.e
>
> in spite of your poor communications skills.
>
> >But...as I have noted elsewhere, Duh-Ridiculed...you seem
> >to have alot of difficulty comprehending written English.  Thus, I will
> >spell it out more clearly for simpletons like yourself:
> >

> >1) I don't have the least bit of sympathy for you, and
> >2) I think you're a little Neo Stalinist piece of shit
>
> yes, i am not the one who lies.  i am not the one who uses false logic
> to arrive at ridiculous conclusions.  i wouldn't want any sympathy
> from you even if i deserved it (which i do not think).  i am nothing
> akin to a "neo stalinist."  so who is really the pathetic piece of
> shit liar, kulkis?
>
> the kulkis strategy:
> dodge, lie, ignore, dodge, lie, attack, lie, ignore, dodge.

Dodge, Kia, Impala, Dodge, Kia, Toyota, Kia, Impala, Dodge

Nah, that's kind of expensive.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: WesTralia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 13:47:29 -0500

Peter da Silva wrote:

> In article Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > You're an idiot.
> > ... clueless ...
> > ... moron.
>
> What purpose does this serve?

Oh... probably the same purpose of him sitting in his mom's basement
while wearing a plastic army helmet while logged onto the Internt
through a Windows 98 box and blasting USENET about how bad Microsoft
suxs.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:49:24 -0400

jet wrote:

> > "Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
> > >
> > > jet wrote:
>  > > Gee, why did you snip the part where I said you can have the right to
> do

> > > If I snipped it, then how could i switch it, you ignorant cunt...
> >

> Damn, you moron. You cut out what I said,

Then I couldn't have *switched* it

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.arch,comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.object,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.theory,misc.invest.stocks
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:51:29 -0400

WesTralia wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
> >
> > Jan Vorbrueggen wrote:

> > > There are other URL prefixes than "http". For instance, "ftp", "wais",
> > > "telnet", "gopher", ...
> >
> > ftp, wais, telnet, and gopher are NOT the World Wide Web.
> >
> > They all preceeded the World Wide Web.
> >
> > Just because you can do E-mail with WWW tools does not mean that
> > E-mail is built on WWW technology....merely there is a WWW front-end
> > to the E-mail technology.
> >
> > Likewise with ftp, wais, telnet and gopher
> >
> > I was using ftp and telnet  in 1984
> > I was using gopher in 1986
> >
> > The world Wide Web didn't appear outside of CERN until 1992 or so
> >

> Calm down before you have a heart attack.  Jan merely stated that
> there are other prefixes in which to qualify an URL.  Remember,
> an URL simply describes an object.

Yan is still an idiot.

> Back to the basement for you!

Make me.