  Re: Blame it all on Microsoft ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Donovan Rebbechi)
Crossposted-To: soc.singles,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.men
Subject: Re: Women's rights and responsibilities.
Date: 27 Apr 2001 12:40:43 GMT

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001 03:20:45 -0700, jet wrote:

> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

>> >    >> And I was under the impression in the cases of questionable
>> >    >> paternity that a DNA sample could be demanded.
>> >
>> >    Aaron> Nope.  Paternity is still judged on English common law:
> whoever
>> >    Aaron> the mother CLAIMS is the father *IS* the father, until proven
>> >    Aaron> otherwise.
>> >
>> > Can you cite a single state that has a law like this?
>>
>> Common law doesn't have cites, you idiot.
>
> You're the idiot. You were asked to name a state that has a law like that.
> Can you?

It's common law, and it's applicable in all states. Hint: type
"presumption of paternity" into google. Or try "Mansfield
rule". Allow me to assist you ...

http://www.peak.org/~jedwards/paternity.html
====
          Presumption of paternity To make things simple, individual
          states have developed a set of circumstances or tests that,
          if met, automatically presumes paternity. The most common
          circumstance is known as the Mansfield Rule.  Basically,
          this rule states that if a child is conceived within
          marriage, the husband is presumed to be the father. Since
          this presumption is not always true, some states have
          introduced "milkman" legislation to challenge or rebut this
          presumption.
====

--
Donovan Rebbechi * http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/ *
elflord at panix dot com

------------------------------

From: "billh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles,soc.men,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.military.folklore
Subject: Re: Bill Hudson admits that he, Dave Casey, V-man and Redc1c4  are    liars.
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 12:44:26 GMT

"Aaron R. Kulkis"

> Ever hear of in-flight refueling?

Mr. "expert" wannabe, tell us how this makes it a strategic asset.  Do you
think an F16 is strategic too?  How about an the spec ops helicopters which
can refuel in flight and self deploy?  Are they strategic too?  The C130 has
in flight refueling capability so it can self deploy to the theater of
operations.  You truly are pathetic.  LOL!!!  Keep it up, dolt.  This is
fun.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Subject: Re: OT: Treason (was Re: Communism)
Date: 27 Apr 2001 12:44:56 GMT

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:12:20 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Roberto Alsina wrote:

>USA.

>eventually,
>selection.

>twit.

>> Notice how here Aaron claims I am in the US.

>> >correct.
>>
>> Yet you said I was from Central America. How ignorant are you, Aaron?
>
>Doesn't take much to annoy the fuck out of you, does it.

Weird, every time you do something stupid, you say it was intentional.
Those who are good at excuses are good for nothing else.

--
Roberto Alsina

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Unwelcome changes in Linux advocacy.
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 08:43:49 -0400

pip wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
> > What's the point of being civil with pathalogical liars.
> >
> > I think they're shit-eating donkey-rapers, and so I feel no need
> > to refrain from letting everyone else know that these "[Mafia$oft]
> > can do no wrong" weenies fuck livestock in their spare time.
>
> Would people reading your comment think:
> a) My goodness that was a good sensible point that makes me respect the
> Linux community
> b) The poster is a bad as the troll
> c) I am not contributing to this ng - it's a waste of time
>

> > > I hope people don't think I'm trolling here, I am offerring my
> > > perspective on the changes in the Linux community over the years
> > > (since 96, when I first discovered linux), and I intend this to
> > > be either a constructive commentary on currently available
> > > on-line resources, or a basis for discussion on the future of
> > > Linux advocacy for the future.
> >
> > We're sick of MAfia$oft cult-members and their unending stream of lies.
> >
> > Any abuse aimed at them...is well deserved....many times over
>
> No abuse is necessary. Abuse means that we have run out of rational
> points to argue over.

When thieves were put in stocks in the public square, was that a sign
that

a) the citizenry had run out of rational arguments against theft
or
B) the citiznery had no tolerance for thieves.

>                        That is sad. It does nothing for the Linux
> community. Maybe a better alternative would be to make sure that common
> misconceptions are pointed out with a url to a faq.
>
> Also your .sig and your inability to snip text may leave the casual
> reader wondering if there "is" a community at all or simply a holy war
> in which they would rather not participate.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
Date: 27 Apr 2001 12:45:50 GMT

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 16:51:17 -0700, GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Are you in Argentina?

Yes.

--
Roberto Alsina

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.society.liberalism,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Subject: Re: Communism
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 08:44:29 -0400

Mathew wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:
>
> > "Gunner ©" wrote:

> > > WEEEEE! I get dibs on the video rights!  And we can split the fee when
> > > we send numbnuts body to a medical school.
> > >
> > > Aaron... try to draw it out as long as possible, so we can see lots of
> > > his blood and hear the sounds of breaking bones.. Ive already got a
> > > buyer for the master tape.
>
> This is illegal,I hope you know.

Get a grip, fascist wanna-be.

> > Weenie wouldn't dare show his face in Detroit.
> >

> > > Gunner
> > >
> > > ""The greatest evil is conceived and ordered (moved, seconded, carried and
>minuted)
> > >  in clean, carpeted, warmed and well-lighted offices...like the
> > > bureaucracy of a police state or a thoroughly nasty business concern."
> > > C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters
> >

> > --
> > Aaron R. Kulkis
> > Unix Systems Engineer

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
Date: 27 Apr 2001 12:46:38 GMT

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 16:52:40 -0700, GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> >He's in Argentina.
>>
>> Yup. Buenos Aires, to be exact.
>
>I would very much like to visit Buenos Aires.  But I don't think it
>would be safe for me and my wife to do a vacation there. (?)

Buenos Aires is a pretty safe city, as long as you stay out of certain
neighborhoods.

--
Roberto Alsina

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
Crossposted-To: gnu.misc.discuss,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,misc.int-property
Subject: Re: Richard Stallman what a tosser, and lies about free software
Date: 27 Apr 2001 12:50:03 GMT

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:55:56 GMT, T. Max Devlin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Said Roberto Alsina in comp.os.linux.advocacy on 17 Apr 2001 13:51:06
>>On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 04:18:12 GMT, T. Max Devlin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>Said Les Mikesell in comp.os.linux.advocacy on Mon, 09 Apr 2001 01:43:25

>>>And of course, these projects do not then involve weeks and months of
>>>fixing all the problems in the code because you can't really do what you
>>>described very well, even if you can do it practically.
>>
>>Not a whole lot, if the API is competently written.
>
>An "if" which seems quite an easy out, and certainly able to explain the
>fact that this might very well never happen in real life.

It has happened hundreds of times. You just lack the experience.

>>>You've described a process which seems to me to clearly indicate that it
>>>is an engineering project.  The API would thereby, at least by analogy,
>>>be the architectural plans, would it not?
>>
>>The API is a functional specification, not an architectural one.
>>The same API can be implemented using several different architectural
>>approaches. Unless you meant architecture in the non-computer meaning.
>
>Of course I meant the real meaning, not the vernacular of a computer's
>'architecture'.  What a silly mistake for you to make.  Try to think
>harder, Roberto.

Actually, I addresed the other meaning just below, Maxie.

>>For example: the architectural plans specify where the beams must go,
>>their shape size and material.
>>
>>Yet, on a software project, the implementation details are not
>>dependent on the API almost at all.
>
>So any random arrangement of code will support any API you imagine?

Not *any* random arrangement of code, but *many* arrangements of code.

>Somehow, this doesn't seem like its going to work.  Somehow, I think the
>implementation details are related to the API, if it is written first,
>and the API reflects some of the implementation details, if it is
>documented last.  In other words, an API is a sketch of the facade, not
>an architectural diagram, however complex that facade may be, and
>however it may limited where the beams can or must go.

In a very vague way. A picture of a square building doesn't explain
anything about how the building is built.

>>I would just say that the analogy is flawed.
>
>And I would say your understanding of the analogy is flawed, so as to
>avoid claiming that your understanding of software is flawed.

I would say that you lack any such understanding and thus are too ignorant
to say that.

--
Roberto Alsina

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Peter da Silva)
Crossposted-To: comp.theory,comp.arch,comp.object
Subject: Re: Blame it all on Microsoft
Date: 27 Apr 2001 12:33:49 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> And if it's of such high quality, then why is it used .... NOWHERE...

Aaron, I'm sorry, but if you really believe that technical quality has
anything to do with market success, I've got a 32-bit hack on a 16-bit clone
of an 8-bit operating system, bought for 4 bits by a 2-bit company that can't
stand 1 bit of competition to sell you.

--
 `-_-'   In hoc signo hack, Peter da Silva.
  'U`    "A well-rounded geek should be able to geek about anything."

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Peter da Silva)
Crossposted-To: comp.theory,comp.arch,comp.object
Date: 27 Apr 2001 12:39:17 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> But if it was high quality, it would be in use in at least a few places.

As of last I heard, it was still in use at several sites. But when both
companies involved in selling it have gotten out of the UNIX business it's
kind of tough to keep it up to date. The MS-DOS version is still in wide
use, though, probably more people use it than any other network file system
out there. It's a pity the OS it's running on is so messed up.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles,soc.men,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.military.folklore
Subject: Re: Bill Hudson admits that he, Dave Casey, V-man and Redc1c4  are
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 08:51:29 -0400

billh wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis"

> > > Not from a C130 as you stated earlier.  Stop embarrassing yourself,
> wannabe.
> > > It truly is pathetic.
> >
> > Bill Hudson is apparently unaware of the C-130's in-flight refueling
> capability.
> >
> > Why is this unsurprising
>
> LOL!!!  And this makes it a strategic asset?

OK, since you claim to be full of knowledge and wisdom, please explain
how a C-5 can be classified as a strategic lift aircraft, while a
C-130 is not....given that the effective range (with refueling)
of both aircraft is "anywhere on the globe"

>  You're actually dumber than
> you've previously proven yourself to be.  This is fun.  Keep it up.

As usual, you are bound by your narrow, small-minded definitions,
where any method not specifically spelled out in a Field Manual
is 'impossible' in your little mind.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 08:52:44 -0400

Brent R wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Hullo wrote:
> > >frankly I'm
> > >disappointed with the speed with which you as a group resort to foul
> > >language, personal insult, invented (or copied) technical
> > >reports/information, but ...
> > >I'm hiring an MS head rather than a Linux guru as at least they show less
> > >capacity for being personally obnoxious. May I suggest that you consider
> > >evaluating how you "advocate" your hobby ( and it is clearly a hobby rather
> > >than an occupation for most of you
> > >I wish Linux could be rolled back
> > >to when it ran on a 386 DX 16 and Linux users were nice friendly people
> > >(best illustrated by Linus himself).
> >
> > I actually agree with what he said above (apart from the insults,
> > that said I did miss the original thread so it's possible there
> > was provocation).
> >
> > I've read quite a few posts on this newsgroup which have lead me
> > to believe that the majority of (current) Linux users really
> > don't want to be civil. I'm not talking about being excessively
> > polite, just civil - it's easier to keep quiet than be unhelpful,
> > after all.
> >
> > In any case, I agree with him that there has been a marked
> > decline in the standard of help available on the more popular
> > newsgroups & irc channels. Bizarrely, to get the best user tips &
> > advice, someone now has to look for a low-traffic developers
> > list/channel and post o/t than go to the appropriate newsgroup.
> >
> > It seems to me that about 80% of the posts in this group (and 90%
> > of all the content of #linpeople or #debian) is way off topic,
> > and only serves to hide the real gems of posts from the people
> > looking for them.
> >
> > A large part of advocacy, after all, is making people who are not
> > familiar with you comfortable in your group. After that it's much
> > easier to explain the benefits of what you have to people. The
> > major problem at the moment is that groups like this one are too
> > popular for their own good,and too many people don't even know
> > the benefits of what they're advocating over proprietary
> > alternatives. this is not healthy.
> >
> > I hope people don't think I'm trolling here, I am offerring my
> > perspective on the changes in the Linux community over the years
> > (since 96, when I first discovered linux), and I intend this to
> > be either a constructive commentary on currently available
> > on-line resources, or a basis for discussion on the future of
> > Linux advocacy for the future.
> >
> > Thanks for reading,
> > Dave.
> >
> > --
> > David Neary,               E-Mail dave.dot.neary.at.palamon.dot.ie
> > Palamon Technologies Ltd.  Phone +353-1-634-5059
>
> I'm only here for a laugh... the other Linux NG's are pretty courteous
> and helpful. If you look at it as a cheap source of entertainment, this
> place is great. Just grab a mug of warm cocoa, sit back, relax, and let
> the flames fly. You won't be disappointed *wink*.

Well said.

> --
> - Brent
>
> http://rotten168.home.att.net

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: pip <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:58:49 +0100

"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
> > No abuse is necessary. Abuse means that we have run out of rational
> > points to argue over.
>
> When thieves were put in stocks in the public square, was that a sign
> that
>
> a) the citizenry had run out of rational arguments against theft
> or
> B) the citiznery had no tolerance for thieves.

We are not living in the dark ages. I had hoped we had progressed in our
thinking.

------------------------------

Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,soc.singles
Subject: Re: there's always a bigger fool
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Zippy)
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 12:57:54 GMT

actually, my system runs absolutely PERFECTLY. i'm a hardware tech with 9
years' experience in the business, am relatively fluent in basic and C, and
am capable of solving any hardware problem on a Mac, PC or Linux box.

but i can't fix the bugs in Office. most of the bugs i've encountered are
in Word and Excel. Access i actually pretty stable, particularly as a
frontend for a SQL server. Outlook has some fairly major bugs, but they
don't lock up the entire machine like those in Word and Excel.

i'm talking here about office 97 and outlook 98. i'm not about to fork over
a red cent to microsoft in order to beta test their products for them. if
they want to put me on salary, maybe then i'll give it a try.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Crossposted-To: comp.theory,comp.arch,comp.object
Date: 27 Apr 2001 12:58:46 +0000

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Peter da Silva) writes:

> Aaron, I'm sorry, but if you really believe that technical quality has
> anything to do with market success, I've got a 32-bit hack on a 16-bit clone
> of an 8-bit operating system, bought for 4 bits by a 2-bit company that can't
> stand 1 bit of competition to sell you.

Don't bother with him! Anyone with a 52 line signature is a little screwy anyhow!

Ciao,

Peter K.

--
Peter J. Kootsookos          Wb: www.clubi.ie/PeterK
"Here comes the future and you can't run from it,