On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Forrest Tiffany wrote:

> "A.R. (Tom) Peters" wrote:
> >   I think I get your point, but OTOH: why would item writers bring up
> > advanced topics in their questions that are NOT part of the exam content?
> > It can only confuse things.  Maybe we should actively discourage them to
> > do so!
> I agree to that!

Of course we will discourage that! Items will only be accepted if they
stick to the objectives, and those that go far beyond the content of the
objectives will be promptly rejected. Hopefully, all the objectives are
written broadly enough that writers can create many items for each
objective, without going beyond the objective.

-Scott