Hi Alan,

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 10:51:15AM -0600, Alan Robertson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was recently using the Apache resource agent, and discovered a few
> problems:
>
>      The exit code from grep was used directly as an OCF exit code.
>              It is NOT an OCF exit code, and should not be directly used
> in this way.

I guess you mean the greps in monitor_apache_extended and
monitor_apache_basic? These lines:

267   $whattorun "$test_url" | grep -Ei "$test_regex" > /dev/null
277   ${ourhttpclient}_func "$STATUSURL" | grep -Ei "$TESTREGEX" > /dev/null

>              This caused a "not running" error to become a generic error.

These lines are invoked _only_ in case it was previously
established that the apache server is running. So, they should
return OCF_ERR_GENERIC if the test fails. grep exits with code 1
which matches OCF_ERR_GENERIC. But indeed the OCF error code
should be returned explicitely.

>              Pacemaker reacts very differently to the two kinds of errors.
>
>        This code occurred in two places.
>
> The resource agent used OCF_CHECK_LEVEL improperly.
>
> The specification says that if you receive an OCF_CHECK_LEVEL which you
> do not support, you are required to interpret it as the next lower
> supported value for OCF_CHECK_LEVEL.
>
> In effect, there are no invalid OCF_CHECK_LEVEL values.  The Apache
> agent declared all values but one to be errors.  This is not the correct
> behavior.

OK. That somehow slipped while I had been reading the OCF standard.

BTW, it'd be great if nginx shared some code with apache. The
latter has already been split into three scripts.

Cheers,

Dejan