Well interesting. Kernel 2.2.0 was put up Jan 26, 1999 and the
patch for kernel 2.2.1 was put up Jan 29, 1999. Does this indicate that
perhaps there *MIGHT* have been a tiny problem with 2.2.0?

        I want all of you who assailed my comments about the kernel that
only one person indicated that 2.2.0 worked good, with just a FEW changes.
I don't belive this. I think he had 2.2.1 but was not aware of it. All you
others were already using 2.2.1...:-)

        Tomorrow I will compile a new kernel and will see how it works.
But I stand by what I have said. My X windows will not come up and
ax25-utils will not work period with kernel 2.2.0 and that is accurate
information.

        Nothing I have said is directed at the guys who work on kernels. I
admire what they are capable of doing. My messages are directed at other
Hams who might save some time by not even trying 2.2.0 and instaed get
that tiny patch-2.2.1 and apply that first...like I will do in 10 minutes.

Best wishes

         - Karl F. Larsen, [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (505) 524-3303  -