On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 07:47:30AM +0000, Robin Gilks wrote:
> > On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> > > I'd like to keep the amprnet and internet operations completely
> > > separated.

[snip]

> > If you or anyone else is interested further, I can post some of the (smaller)
> > configuration files for Exim and bind to assist in their setup
> >

> Actually, wb2yxy has some suggestions which led me to look at the
> ampr.org.rev file on ucsd.  This has the same format as the db files
> and I would think that renaming it to db.44 (and referencing it in
> named.conf should work, although I haven't tried it.
>
> Pine has a configuration option to relay all mail to a specific host,
> which bypasses the MTA altogether.  I did use this at one time to
> handle amprnet traffic, but it was also a kludge, of course.  This also
> required me to use separate login names for amprnet and internet mail.

Hi again Bob

I've put all my DNS files on my web site (see sig) along with the (modded) Perl
script from Simon Mudd that munges things to change the SOA and NS so I run as a
master server (which also helps to stop referals to the diald link). It still
does live lookups of non-ampr.org hosts using the dialup. I'll put the Exim and
masquerade stuff on there as well if required - days are too short at this time
of year (got this urge to hibernate!!).

--

73 de Robin. G8ECJ                      Hub manager gb7ipd

NTS: G8ECJ@GB7TVG.#42.GBR.EU            AmprNet:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.gb7ipd.freeserve.co.uk/
Shack: (+44) 1628 533311                Fax:  (+44) 1628 850165
Club pages (g4xyw modem etc) at http://www.tvipug.freeserve.co.uk