Hello,

Richard Adams wrote:

> > Hi Bob
> > Sounds to me as though you have exactly the setup I have and suffering the same
> > problems with sendmail - I never managed to stop it forcing a dialup for DNS
> > resolution even though I had the full ampr.org DNS domain loaded on the local
> > DNS.
>
> One possable solution to the DNS problem could be compiling sendmail
> yourself with
> define NAMED_BIND    0
> in conf.h
>
> As to it being an overal solution raises possably more questions than
> answers.

This has been discussed in the debian-french list a few weeks ago and
the "clean" solution that was suggested as per the docs was to use this
statement in your mc files :

define(`confBIND_OPTS',`-DNSRCH -DEFNAMES')dnl

This should prevent sendmail from doing dns lookups.
I haven't tried it myself as i just switched to exim a few days ago and
only have very standard dial-up needs here.

So good luck.

Cheers, Alex.

--
Alexandre Fornieles   |   F-40150 Hossegor (France)
ICQ : 1519880         |   Debian GNU/Linux 2.2.14 i686