On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 10:32:47AM +0300, Heikki Hannikainen wrote:
> On Wed, 3 May 2000, Craig Small wrote:
>
> > I would like to propose a project to create a converse daemon that is
> > licensed under the GPL.  I have seen recent work on patching one or more
> > of the various daemons out there and would ask for help from these
> > people.  Of course they would have to contribute only code that they
> > wrote themselves and be happy to have it licensed under GPL.
>
>   Might be slightly easier to get one of the currently used code trees
> under GPL. That shouldn't be all that hard to do for htpp for example. For
> most of the code you'd only need to talk to Dieter Deyke, Fred Baumgarten,
> Warren Toomey and Brian Lantz. I don't see why they would object to
> GPL'ing the code.
Did it, tried it and failed :(

That was about 3 years ago, anyone else want to have a go?

> > There is a lot of tainted code in existing implementations that either
> > do not allow you to use or copy it or have conflicting licenses which
> > means you cannot use it anyway.  That is why we need to start from
> > scratch on the core part.
>
>   Which code tree did you look at, and what code did you find tainted?

All of them, they all are pretty much the same after all
tpp, conversd and httpu

  - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>