On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 09:02:15PM +1000, Craig Small wrote:
> On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 10:32:47AM +0300, Heikki Hannikainen wrote:
> >   Might be slightly easier to get one of the currently used code trees
> > under GPL. That shouldn't be all that hard to do for htpp for example. For
> > most of the code you'd only need to talk to Dieter Deyke, Fred Baumgarten,
> > Warren Toomey and Brian Lantz. I don't see why they would object to
> > GPL'ing the code.
> Did it, tried it and failed :(
>
> That was about 3 years ago, anyone else want to have a go?

Whatever happened to Brian Lantz's TACS (Tampa Advanced Convers Server)?
I had a conversation with Brian a few years ago, trying to get tpp under
a GPL license, but he said this is almost impossible because of all
the code from different people which is included.

He however told me that he would write TACS from scratch, and put it
under GPL. It might be worthwile contacting him, to see what the status
is. His server is already named TACS, so he might be running it already...

>   - Craig
>
> --
> Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
> Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> MIEEE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 Debian developer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Joop
--
Joop Stakenborg - Debian GNU/Linux developer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--> Woody is as solid as a rock.
(More woody jokes at http://pa4tu.penguinpowered.com/woody)