You can contribute it to educational place which supports Linux, but has
no other choice but putting Windows, becuase not anyone knows Linux well
enough....

I mean, there are computer farms in the technion, and we need licesnes for
everything. and even though we support Linux (tomorrow installation
party), we can't give the students to play with Linux (most of them find
the concept of GUI too hard).

Orr Dunkelman,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Logic is in the eye of the logician"   -Gloria Steinem

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Eli Marmor wrote:

> Ury Segal wrote:
>
> > We have tons of Windows Licences. Never used any. Any idea
> > of what we can do with them? They are packed in original
> > package.
>
> Let me assume that what you have are packages and not only MOLPs
> (licenses without media):
>
> 1. The CD's are good for freesbie.
> 2. You may also hang them on mirrors of cars (but this is not
>    recommended, since people may think you are ars; In addition,
>    it "blinds" other drivers).
> 3. If you use a microwave for preparing frozen pizzas, the cartons
>    are very useful to put the pizzas on them (dishes are bad idea,
>    because pizzas stick to them).
> 4. The paper (in the books, licenses, warranties, etc.) is useful
>    for LaG BaOmer.
> 5. And for people with a too gentle ass (though too smooth in my
>    eyes).
> 6. If you use Mandrake, installing Win on a separate partition may
>    allow you to grab TrueType fonts, using (IIRC) DrakFonts.
> 7. If you use Wine, a Win installation on a separate partition
>    may help you to run it better (thanks to the original DLL's).
> 8. If you paid $300 for VMware and don't want your boss to ask you
>    what was done with this money, install Win under it.
> 9. Last but not least, while most hardware devices are detected by
>    both Linux and Win, some hardware devices are detected only by
>    Linux, and some others - only by Win. It may be useful to
>    reserve a partition for Win, even in servers, for the uncommon
>    and rare case that there will be a hardware that Win will be
>    able to detect for you. There are also advanced diagnostic
>    software packages that you may run under Win.

    • ... Alon Altman
    • ... Omer Musaev
    • ... Geoffrey S. Mendelson
      • ... Schlomo Schapiro