On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Nimrod Simba Carmi wrote:

> Hey,
>
> On one hand you're holding the flag of open source and free code.

The fact that I am subscribed to the Linux-IL mailing list does not
automatically imply that I am advocate of open source and free code.  And
the fact that I advocate of open source and free code does not
automatically imply that I (or any other self-respecting programmer) would
agree to work for someone else at the rates offered by Nimrod.  I would
rather work half time for full rate and work on my own pet open source
project the other half of time.

> And on the other hand, you're saying that uithout300 shekels an hour,
> you're not gonna get off your ass.

Get off my ass for Nimrod and to do things his way for only $15/hour?  No,
thanks.

> You sound alot more like a Microsoft developer than a Linux developer.

I sound like someone who makes a living from programming and expects to
get paid for whatever work he is doing for payment.

> If anyone is interested inimproving Zope and getting paid for it, give me
> a buzz or email back (NOT to the whole list)

My advice to Nimrod:  form a consortium of companies, who need the same
improvements for Zope, and have each company pay the developer a share of
the developer's fee.  Given hourly rate of $60/hour (for a good
programmer) and consortium of 5 interested companies, the cost for each
company will be only $12/hour, and I am sure Nimrod would be happy with
this kind of expense.  Nimrod would also gain the good reputation of
having organized a consortium of sponsors for Zope improvements.

                                             --- Omer
There is no IGLU Cabal.  There is no consortium of sponsors either.