From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Nadav Har'El
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2001 1:20 AM
To: Hetz Ben Hamo
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ADSL problems (is it just me?)

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote about "ADSL problems (is it just me?)":
> I don't know if its just me or this happends to anyone but in the last 2 days
> I'm was disconnected from my ADSL about 10 times...
>
> The weird thing is that the IP stays, but the connection is seems to be dead
> (no pings to anyway and the ADSL modem works ok) (I'm connected to
> NetVision)...
>
> Anyone had that problem?

I am seeing the exact same problem (also using Netvision). It's not specific
to the last 2 days - sometimes a connection lasts more than a week, but some
days I get disconnected 5 times a day. Most "disconnections" are like you
describe: only the pptp process (I think) dies, but the pppd (I think)
process remains and holds the IP address and interface. The /var/log/messages
has some error message from pptp (I think), but I don't remember now what
it says.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |     Thursday, Nov 22 2001, 7 Kislev 5762
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |The world is coming to an end ... SAVE