For a person that actually cares about accessing his bank account via
the web, being able to do so from the software he uses is very
important. I wouldn't change to a bank that forced me to move physically
just to get information or give orders.

And being exposed to the security concerns related to IE is not an
acceptable option, even if you work in Windows.

Obviously, for a Linux user, it is very much a deal breaker.

Daniel