On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 09:04:56PM +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
[snip]

> No, I what I really wanted, was:
>
>       1. Linux kernel
>       2. X
>
> With 32m of ram and a 486/66 to play with, I was just going to use it as
> an Xterminal.

1. Did you consider a tiny distribution? There are many, and I haven't
tried anyone recently, but some might be just what you need. E.g.
<http://netstation.sourceforge.net/>.

2. Assuming this XTerminal will connect to a Linux server on the LAN,
you can also boot from the network. There are a lot of docs and tools
for that, and that's what I do at both home (XTerminals) and work
(real workstations). Look e.g. at <http://www.ltsp.org/> (which I do
not use, but seems the most serious).

[snip]

> > Nothing you can't get from, e.g. RH9.0 + fvwm/icewm/fluxbox
>
> That's true, but the customization options aren't good enough for it. :-(

I did not understand if this is a joke, but if not, you might find
interesting fvwm-themes. Not relevant for an XTerminal (which will
hopefully have no problem running KDE/GNOME from the server), but
is for a standalone small machine.

        Didi