On Monday 10 November 2003 12:16, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> I have personally installed Debian for several newbies. There is
> nothing, I repeat, nothing wrong with Debian for newbies. The only
> problem with Debian is the initial HW configuration process. As this
> takes place during the installation party, that really should not be an
> issue.

Contrary to common belief, users (not power-users) are required to
"administer" their computers. Installing new hardware (graphical card,
hard-drive or even a new mouse), removing old software and installing new,
creating more users, changing ISP - these things users expect to do for
themselves (except maybe the new graphical card thing).
While Debian supplies tools for all of these, and while mostly techincally
superior, in terms of user-friendliness these are usually inferior to tools
provided by other distributions.
Q.E.D

--
Oded

::..
Though I'll admit readability suffers slightly...
        -- Larry Wall