On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 16:27:50 +0200, Nadav Har'El wrote:

> In short, the "I can't change color depth without restarting X" complaint
> is no reason to prefer Windows,

I don't (well, except for games and that's a different story) prefer
Windows, I prefer Linux. I would prefer it even more if it were more
"desktop user friendly". Not everybody is, or wants to be, a
command-line/text-files guru.

> Many years ago, there was already the
> "XF86Config" program which gave you a GUI to configure your X server,

Cool, I'll check this out - thanks.
However, my original rant stands - even if a program exists, if it
isn't accessible from any menu and there is no help text that mentions
it, how is a poor user supposed to know about it? This should have
been accesible from the KDE's desktop configuration menu. As a desktop
user, I shouldn't care that there's something called "X" behind me
desktop.

Regards,
--
Offer Kaye