Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
/me reminds everybody of an enlightened decision of some people in
Massachusses.

You wrote this sentence twice.  What do you mean?  Sorry for not
understanding.

Firefox on windows? Do you honestly say that you have problems
installing flash on it? What version do you use? Mind providing more
details?

Though you should really install add-blocker first ;-) .

OK, I tried now and installed the Flash plug-in, but it should come with
it pre-installed like in MS IE.  I also had to "agree" to some legal BS
which I didn't even bother reading.  I hate having to agree to legal
terms when installing software.  A true Free Software should not come
with terms.  It should be free as breathing air, drinking water and
watching TV (I don't have to agree to anything when I watch TV).

My Firefox version is 1.0.  I think I installed it last year.

Right. And MS is about to move to a different format once again soon.

Actually it's a very good tactics on their side, to make us dependent on
MS Office.  Every few years they come up with a new version of Office,
which saves files in a new format which can't be read by old versions
(usually, the one or two previous versions can read new version files,
but not versions before it).  Then, users with old versions (such as
Word 97) receive files from people with new versions which they can't
read.  It annoys them and eventually they have to upgrade.  I know
because when I used Word 97 (until about 2 years ago), I had a problem
reading files of new versions.  Each time I had to ask people to send me
files in RTF format.  Eventually I upgraded and the problem was solved.
Bill Gates has more money and I have less.

MS also does everything they can to prevent non-MS software (such as
Open Office) from reading MS files.  They don't want Open Office to be
compatible with MS Office.  And they don't want MS Office to work on a
non-MS platform (such as Linux).

Peter wrote:
You can buy laptops that come with Lindows (?) preinstalled. Idiot users
have the shop delete that and install borgware instead.

Lindows changed their name after they were approached by Microsoft.  I
don't know the whole story, but I think they are now called Linspire.
Too bad, because Lindows was a very good name to market.  And after all,
it's all about marketing.

Microsoft Settles Lawsuit Against Lindows: [Jul. 19, 2004]
http://www.crn.com/nl/crndirect/showArticle.jhtml?articleId=23902233

Best Regards,

Uri Even-Chen
Speedy Net