Hi Nadav,
Can you explain why you recommend reading those sites, much of which appear
to be the writings of a nudnik at best, or a raving lunatic at worst?

Wikipedia's method of operation is well-known. Nothing written on it comes
with any promise of being correct. But, unlike much of the rest of the
Internet which contains falsehoods and half-truths by the millions, in
Wikipedia you can actually correct these falsehoods yourself. You don't
need to resort to "anti"-sites which cry about the falsehoods, or to
law-suites to force the site owner to change something.

This guy's view of Wikipedia reminds me of SCO's view of free software.
They think that the fact that someone *can* put stolen copyrighted material
into some free software project, means that free software is inherently
evil, and that they don't need any proof (like showing an actual case of
stolen code) to win a lawsuit. Similarly, just because somebody *can*
put libel in wikipedia does not prove that a specific article about Mr.
Dan "paranoid" Brandt is in fact libel, or that Wikipedia is evil.

These views make as much sense as charging every cook with murder, because
he uses knives who can be easily used to kill people.

Wikipedia is not free.  Wikipedia is operated by people, with hierarchic
ranks, who control it.  Anything in the articles which doesn't fit their
agenda will be removed or modified, and any person whom they don't like
(for any reason) will be banned from Wikipedia.  Believe me, I know.
Wikipedia is not objective, and not free.  It reminds me the book
"Animal Farm".  Remember the sentence "All people are equal, but some
people are more equal than others"?  That's Wikipedia.

You can't correct falsehoods in Wikipedia.  Believe me, I tried.  If the
editors ("system operators") don't like what you wrote, it will be
changed back and you will be banned.  Wikipedia is a dictatorship.
There is no way to appeal on a system operator's decision to ban you or
change what you wrote.

There are excellent articles in Wikipedia, in areas such as mathematics,
science etc.  But when it gets to politics or to anything else where
there are different opinions - Wikipedia is not neutral.

By the way, www.google-watch.org has a Google PageRank of 6, and appears
#17 when searching "google" on Google.  The first 14 websites are
operated by Google, so it's #3 site which is not operated by Google.

Ok, and that says what?

www.google-watch.org is the third most popular site about Google, which
is not operated by Google.  And that says something.

I expect that in one or two years, www.wikipedia-watch.org will reach a
similar popularity.

Best Regards,

Uri Even-Chen