Hi list. I'm trying to work with CentOS 4.3 (RHEL 4.3 based distro) but
some of the stuff it uses is too old for my needs, so I thought I'd
upgrade some of the stuff to Fedora Core 4 (which IIRC is the closest
Fedora Core release that is newer then RHEL 4.3 - and it includes what I
need).

Problem: what I want to install eventually requires me to upgrade python
from the CentOS version (2.3) to the Fedora Core 4 version (2.4), and
due to this it needs to upgrade a python component called
python-elementtree, as it requires a specific python ABI version. But
the version Fedora Core 4 carries (compiled against 2.4) has the exact
same version and package release number as the CentOS version (compiled
against 2.3), and so yum refuses to download and install it which causes
it to complain about missing dependencies and to abort the install.

Is there any way to tell yum to download the newer version even though
it has the exact same version information? From perusing the
documentation I couldn't find anything about it.

--
Oded
::..