On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 13:46 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> AFAIK no, by yum logic it would mean that the repository is incorrect
> and will not accept the update.
I don't think fedora would agree to correct their FC4 repository for me :-(

> Did you try yum localinstall? (download the rpm first and then try)
Yes, as thus:
# yum localinstall python-elementtree-1.2.6-4.i386.rpm
Setting up Local Package Process
Examining python-elementtree-1.2.6-4.i386.rpm: python-elementtree -
1.2.6-4.i386
python-elementtree-1.2.6-4.i386.rpm: does not update installed package.
Nothing to do

It doesn't want to have anything to do with this package.
I had another idea - taking the source rpm, modifying it to release 4.1,
rebuilding it and doing a local install. That would work, only I'd need
a fedora core 4 system to do the build. Problem: I only have fedora core
5, which when used as a build system causes the resulting binary package
to be dependent on glibc 2.4, and I don't have a fedora core 4 system
(nor the time and hardware to install it) .. :-(

--
Oded
::..