On Fri, 29 Dec 2006, Maxim Veksler wrote:

I OTOH, have good experience with:
- IBM (note: Not the new lenovo junk!)
- DELL
- and LG.

Most of the IBM, DELL laptops I came across were friendly to Linux 2.6.x.
LG T1 (the one I'm using now) needs some additional .ko to get 2.6.18
work with its Agere ET-131x NIC, other then that it seems to be
L-friendly as well.)

The only brand I have bad experience is HP, because of their service
and warranty terms here in IL, and also because of the quality of the
product (*this by the way does not come to contradict the excellent
server hardware HP manufacture).

Did you get the WiFi connections going on these laptops ? Modem ?

Peter