On Sunday, 8 בApril 2007 13:59, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Oron Peled wrote:
> > Fedora is a fast paced distro like Debian testing
> I'm assuming you meant "Debian Unstable"

No, unless I missunderstood the Debian process.

In Fedora untested packages first goes to the Rawhide
repositories (which I think are the equivalent of Debian Unstable).
Only later they filter into the official Fedora repositories.

Fedora does not have an equivalent to Debian Stable (because that's
what RedHat suppose to be when you pay them... ;-)

BTW, as the Fedora project matures it naturally encounters the
same challenges as any big community based distro. In that sense
I see a lot of learning and copying from Debian (which is a good
thing).

Regretfully, it's not common enough and there are plenty of cases
when the wrong wheels are poorly reinvented -- my (un)favorite is yum
instead of using apt4rpm. Well, at least the official repositories are
both yum/apt capable since FC5.

Bye,

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  http://www.actcom.co.il/~oron
ICQ UIN: 16527398

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
         (H. Spencer)