Hi,

sara fink wrote:

    3. How much is "not cheap" about Orange/Cellcom? Do they provide
    pre-paid data plans? So far I couldn't find such an offer through
    Orange's or Cellcom's web sites (at least they manage to display
    something on Debian/Firefox).

Orange/cellcom is crap. You share the speed with others. Don't know about prices, you will have to call them. But I read a technical article about it ~1 month ago. I think it was in globes or the marker about the technology.

Actually, I'm a very happy Cellcom users. Enough so that in the first time since the previous century I actually disconnected the Internet connection to my home, since the cellular one works so nicely and is cheap, in my eyes.

And they don't really block VoIP -, it just that you can a none symmetric NAT address which makes it difficult to use most VoIP services. Maybe it's done for tech. reason or maybe for business reasons. I don't know.

I don't know of a fixed cost deal, but the deal I'm on includes a lump sum payment for a big enough bandwidth quota that I don't go over.

It's not my main Internet link (that would be the office), but for a secondary/mobile link it's great

And no, I don't own any Cellcom stocks any more... :-)

Gilad

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef Chief Coffee Drinker

Codefidence Ltd.
The code is free, your time isn't.(TM)

Web:    http://codefidence.com
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Office: +972-8-9316883 ext. 201
Fax:    +972-8-9316885
Mobile: +972-52-8260388

The Doctor: Don't worry, Reinette, just a nightmare. Everyone has nightmares. Even monsters from under the bed have nightmares, don't you, monster?
        Reinette: What do monsters have nightmares about?
The Doctor: Me!