> > Orange/cellcom is crap. You share the speed with others. Don't know about
> > prices, you will have to call them. But I read a technical article about
> it
> > ~1 month ago. I think it was in globes or the marker about the
> technology.
>
> Thanks. That's a shame. Weird that a country which has IT as its main
> "economy engines" is so backwards in terms of mobile broadband
> infrastructure (though it goes hand in hand with the backwards web
> scene)...

I will be more blunt. It's money issue. They want max profit.

I found the article about the technology:
http://www.globes.co.il/news/article.aspx?did=1000381242&fid=3223

The cellular companies even block voip in the cellular phones of dor 3/3.5.
And they are not ashamed to admit it. I talked once with a representative of
bussiness department of Pelephone. As if they don't earn enough money.

About prices, problems, see this:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Ahaaretz.co.il+%D7%9E%D7%95%D7%93%D7%9D+%D7%A1%D7%9C%D7%95%D7%9C%D7%A8%D7%99&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=