2008/10/29 sara fink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Why not use free hotspots? Orange and cellcom are not so cheap.  In Haifa,
> Jerusalem there are free hotspots. I saw on TV about bzeek. See this link
> http://www.bzeek.com/ Looks promissing, but I didn't check it.

1. Would these free hotspots be avaiable outside the major CBD's?
Would they enable access to the net, for instance, while being on the
way to friends in some Moshav outside Natanya (so the user can verify
an address on GMail or check  directions on Google Maps)?

2. BZeek seems like a way to provide hotspots to others once you have
some uplink connection - what do I miss here? You still need some way
to connect to the net. Plus their download requires Windows (blah...).

3. How much is "not cheap" about Orange/Cellcom? Do they provide
pre-paid data plans? So far I couldn't find such an offer through
Orange's or Cellcom's web sites (at least they manage to display
something on Debian/Firefox).

Thanks,

--Amos