I have a bezeqint landline install set up for tomorrow, and your post
alarmed me, so I called them and asked if this was the case in my setup.

On Thursday 18 February 2010, Alex Shnitman wrote:
> One thing to note is that they put this adapter in front of your PC /
>  router (i.e. it connects to the modem, and the router connects to it),
>  and it takes your public IP to itself and performs NAT.
> Another thing is that they set up traffic shaping on this box so that the
>  VOIP calls are not affected by heavy traffic, and the speed degradation
>  is quite noticeable.

According to their support guy (who sound very knowledgable), since I have
HOT infrastructure, no dialer, and a router, they simply connect their box
to *my* router, as an additional client. This means that no port blocking,
nor QoS is possible on their box.

They will need to put their box in line, in case of an ADSL infrastructure
and a dialer.

This is only based on what they told me, I will know more tomorrow, and if
there is something to update, I will.

--y