On Feb 28, 2010, at 2:55 PM, Geoff Shang wrote:

Probably using STUN. I don't understand how it works either but it does. Am also using Callweaver behind a router with no ports forwarded and it just works, as long as I use a STUN server.

STUN is VoIP over TCP/IP tunneling. You open a TCP tunnel to an STUN server and it makes UDP connections as needed.

Asterix 1.6 has support for NAT and in some cases does not need a tunnel to work. I have 3 TCP connections, only 1 needs an STUN tunnel.

Just in case anyone reading this needs to know, there are many free STUN servers out there, some of them on unusual ports, e.g. 80, 25, etc to go through firewalls.

Geoff.
--
geoffrey mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Jerusalem Israel geoffreymendel...@gmail.com