Hi,

Earlier, I had written about having problem in setting up telnet proxy even
though we
have squid setup. I was advised to setup ip masquerading.

We've gone through ip-chains HOWTO and we have some basic issues which is
unclear.

1. What is IP Masquerading. How is this related to Transparent proxy ??
2. What is the difference between transparent proxy and squid as a proxy.
3. Even after setting up IP Masquerading should we run squid ??
4. We have windows clients using telnet to login to Linux. Now, we want to
use the same telnet to login to servers in the US using Linux as a proxy.
How do we do this. After we setup transparent proxy can I run telnet on
Window PC and access any server on the net or should I logon to Linux
machine only then can I telnet ??

Thanks for the help.

Murali

Differentiated Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd.,
176, Gr. Floor, 6th Main
2nd Block RT Nagar
Bangalore - 560 032
India