    Urmil> Hi Indranil, Hey, that was to create a special environment
    Urmil> to start our long lasting friendship :-)

    Urmil> Coming to the point, that long discussion was to forcefully
    Urmil> encourage Khader as well as other Linux programmers to
    Urmil> develop user friendly apps which in turn will encourage
    Urmil> novice computer users to switch to Linux. I had myself
    Urmil> encouraged a lot of my friends to use Linux but when they
    Urmil> found it less user friendly than M$ Windoze, they switched
    Urmil> back. That was a great disappointment for me and I'm not
    Urmil> prepared for it to happen again.

Hi Urmil,
Being User Friendly and IDE's for programmers are two different topics.
Talking about User Friendly, tell them to try Corel Linux or you should have
sent them over to the IT.com Linux Stall or to the ILUG-Bangalore meeting or
last but not the least, send them over to me ;-)
Coming back to the point, I still stick to my earlier words.
And to prove my point, earlier there was a poll on <somenewsite> to see
which IDE was used most and the winner was ??? Well, I am leaving it out to u.
But, anyway there is no dearth of IDE's for Linux. There are one helluva IDE's
for programming in Linux and lotta commercial ones.
< Linux is free doesn't necessarily mean that everything is free >
There is Code Forge, Code Crusader, and lot of stuff from Cygnus.
Maybe you wanna try them ??
But, I stick to my emacs and vi ;-)
Regards
        Khader
--
Syed Khader Vali (Siddiq)                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

LI is all for free speech, but this list was created for a purpose --
to help popularise Linux in India. If your messages are counterproductive
to that purpose, your privileges to submit messages can and will be revoked.