Linux-Misc Digest #471, Volume #19               Mon, 15 Mar 99 22:13:17 EST

Contents:
  Error - irq timeout: status=0xd0 ("Warren Hillsdon")
  Snapscan310 and adaptec 1505AE SCSI adapter ("Dirk Demuynck")
  Re: Q: OpenInventor in Linux? (Mark Blain)
  Re: kernel compilation problem (Akira Yamanita)
  Newbie Q: How to setup tcp and ppp ? (Swapnajit Mittra)
  Re: KDE, Debian, and religion (Matt Payton)
  A Few Questions (Brent Warkentin)
  Re: BRU Back Up Software (Alan Fried)
  Re: Red Hat 5.1 and Backpack CD-ROM Trouble (John P. Raynor)
  Re: Migrating RH Linux 5.2 to new hard drive (Eoin)
  Re: Soundblaser hisses under Linux (George Bonser)
  Re: Looking for Xlib.h (Robert Lynch)
  Re: Migrating RH Linux 5.2 to new hard drive ("Jeffrey S. Kline")
  Printing with low quality in HP Deskjet 670c (Estela Valle Pendon)
  Re: Starwars Trailer ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Re: Gnome 1.0 bugs (Denis Goddard)
  thkb: How to make an .mp3 from an .wav? (Miernik)
  Re: binary Emacs 20.x for i386? (Johan Kullstam)
  Re: Some questions (fernando)
  Re: Auto login ? ("Jeffrey S. Kline")
  decent pop mail client othern than netscape... (William O'Neal)
  Telnet with RH 5.2 and Win98 (James Timberlake)
  Re: Newbie - ZIP DRIVE QUESTION (Scott)
  Re: Mysterious bug (fernando)
  Terminal not fully functional... Help! (Adrian Fretwell)
  Re: One-way Cable Modem (Pavel Greenfield)

From: "Warren Hillsdon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Error - irq timeout: status=0xd0
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 01:02:16 GMT

Can anyone please help me??

I recently placed a drive in my linux box - Seagate 6.4 gig. I am now
getting the above error about every min in my messages file. I tried to send
the command hdparm -Z in order to change the powersaving mode on Linux.
However I get an Input/Output error. At the same time the drive is making a
strange clunking noise. Which really doesn't sound healthy.

I am currently running Redhat 5.2. Also I had the drive in a windows box for
the last year without any  problems so I doubt it is actually the drive but
I could be wrong. The system appears still to be functioning correctly
however I would appreciate any help on this matter.

Warren

------------------------------

From: "Dirk Demuynck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.linux.hardware,fido.belg.linux,linux.redhat.announce,linux.redhat.list,linux.redhat.misc
Subject: Snapscan310 and adaptec 1505AE SCSI adapter
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 23:41:04 +0100

Hi,

Does someone knows how to install/configure the Agfa Snapscan 310 and the
SCSI adapter ADAPTEC 1505AE on RH5.2 ??

Which drivers??

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Mark Blain)
Subject: Re: Q: OpenInventor in Linux?
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 22:09:02 GMT

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999 09:28:51 -0500, "Andrew Shiue" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I am trying to port a modeling program from SGI to my red hat linux. This
>program needs some functions of OpenInventor. Does anybody know is there any
>Linux version of Openinventor?
>
>Thanks a lot!
>
>-- Andy

It was covered in detail in the September 1998 Linux Journal.
Here is a link to the the complete article:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/issue53/2903.html

Be sure to explore each of the links at the bottom of the article for
further web information.

------------------------------

From: Akira Yamanita <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: kernel compilation problem
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 22:20:49 GMT

Seth Van Oort wrote:

> You're gonna have to post some of those error messages.
>
> Seth
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > I am running Redhat 5.2 with kernel 2.0.36, and am trying to cofigure a custom
> > kernel.
> > Heres the commands I use
> > make xconfig
> > make dep
> > make clean
> > make zImage, also tried make boot
> >
> > Usual "make:..." messages
> > Then a ton of "make:..." warnings(too many to list) about stuff being either
> > undefined or unused
> > make: *** [vmlinux]Error 1
> >
> > I checked the Kernel-HOWTO and they had a section about kernels that won't
> > compile and gives undefined symbol messages.  Their solution was you're using
> > an ELF compiler for 1.2 or earlier kernels, which didn't help.  I'm using gcc
> > that came with RH5.2 and kernel 2.0.36
> >
> > I also checked the Config-HOWTO to no avail.

> > http://www.dejanews.com/       Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

Also if he enabled module loading, he forgot to add:
make modules
make modules_install
...after the make clean.

------------------------------

From: Swapnajit Mittra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Newbie Q: How to setup tcp and ppp ?
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 11:37:01 -0800

    Hello,

    My question is how to start a dial-up connection from
    linux slackware. I am a complete newbie in the linux world,
    so pl. tell me the exact steps to follow.

    Specifically, I want to know,

    1) How do I set up the primary and secondary DNS ?
    2) How do I setup the IP address of my machine ?
    3) How do I setup an alias of my machine name, i.e.,
    how do I call my machine x.y.com as well as a.b.org ?

    As far as the dialing is concerned,  I tried normal "cu", but it
    does not exist in that distribution. I also do not have Cyan (?),
    the communication package that comes with Slackware linux.
    But I have the basic tcpip and ppp loaded.

   Thanks,
   - Swapnajit.
Project VeriPage - Your one stop source for Verilog PLI resources.
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/verilog

Subject: Re: KDE, Debian, and religion
From: Matt Payton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 22:23:30 GMT

**Nick Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Hmmmm.  I was starting to think in that direction... but up to now the
>package stuff has been rather nifty for this Linux newbie.
>
>jik- wrote:
>> This is why I hate package managers, and won't use them.  You would sa=
ve
>> yourself a lot of trouble if you just tossed debian and got slackware
>> instead.
>
>--=20
You may want to try alien - as a previous post mentioned.  I've used it s=
everal
times, converting .deb to .rpm, with no problems.  Or, why not just grab =
the
source and compile ?  Just because your dist. includes a package manger d=
oesn't
mean you HAVE to use it.  I am currently running RedHat 5.2, and I regula=
rly
compile apps that aren't included in the base ditribution. =20

  --=20
Matt

------------------------------

From: Brent Warkentin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: A Few Questions
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 22:25:37 GMT

==============850EAD7A3C82D28B05B77306

Problem 1:  I am using Samba connected to a Win98 box.  I can see the
Linux Box shared drives and Printers (lp, ps and printers)...  But I can

not print to them.  I can configure the printer on the Win98 box but
when you print to one of them nothing happens.  The lpr statement works
from within Linux and no problems printing.  Any suggestions as to where

to start?

Problem2:  I have mounted two msdos partitions are they are set up in
the fstab file as follows:

/dev/hda2 /msdos msdos rw,user 0 0

but the partition can be read and written to while in root but not while

any other user.  It can be read but not written to...  Any
suggestions....

Problem 3:  I can only run Dr-Dos from within KDE if the I am logged in
as root.  Otherwise I do not have access.  I have looked at the XDOS
permissions and they seem ok.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brent Warkentin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

==============850EAD7A3C82D28B05B77306

begin:          vcard
fn:             Brent  Warkentin
n:              Warkentin;Brent
org:            Durham Instruments
email;internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:          Applications Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Alan Fried)
Subject: Re: BRU Back Up Software
Date: 16 Mar 1999 01:24:49 GMT

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Shane Steven Sturrock) wrote:

>On 13 Mar 1999 16:34:55 GMT, Alan Fried <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>I am using bru to back up my data on a Syjet
>>Cartridge. Back up goes well and after I close
>>and reopen the the software, everything that has
>>been backed up appears.
>>
>>However when I shut down and reboot, I can no longer
>>mount the cartridge.
>>
>>I am using Red Hat 5.1 with a 2.0.34 Kernel, the syjet
>>is hooked up to an intio accelerator card.
>>
>>I use the xwindows version of Bru.
>
>If you backup directly to the device rather than to a file on the device
>then you will not be able to mount the cart after the backup because
>the cart no longer holds a filesystem, just the raw archive.  I was doing
>similar with my Jaz drive and have decided that rather than backup up
>to the raw device I will backup to files.  This works well IMHO.
>
>--
>Dr. Shane Sturrock - http://nova.bru.ed.ac.uk/~sss
>Linux, a better WinNT than WinNT

It worked!!!

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (John P. Raynor)
Crossposted-To: alt.os.linux,comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: Red Hat 5.1 and Backpack CD-ROM Trouble
Date: 16 Mar 1999 01:24:16 GMT

John P. Raynor ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
: I created a boot floppy disk with RAWRITE.EXE.
: I encountered no difficulties, until I tried to specify that I would be
: installing from the Backpack CD-ROM drive.  At this point, I got the
: following (rather ominous) message:

:     "In some cases, the bpcd driver needs to have extra information
:      to work properly, although it normally works fine without.  Would
:      you like to specify extra options for it or allow the driver to
:      probe ypir ,acjome fpr the information it needs?  Occasionally,
:            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:      probing will hang a computer, but it should not cause any damage."

My apologies for posting without adequate spell-checking.
This was my mistake, not the installation program's, and
ought to read: "your machine for"
                                             - J. Raynor

------------------------------

From:  (Eoin)
Crossposted-To: alt.os.linux,comp.os.linux.hardware,linux.redhat.misc
Subject: Re: Migrating RH Linux 5.2 to new hard drive
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 01:36:48 GMT

        Well, I've done a little w/PM4. I have not done what you're
proposing, although the program is willing to do it. What I have done
with it is resize and also move ext2 partitions. By move I mean
"slide" them away from the beginning of the drive. This involves
moving all the data and superblocks and so forth. This has worked just
fine and the system came back up and ran without any troubles.
Although it was all on the same drive, the essential elements of what
you propose were all executed except the copying/moving of the boot
sector. I suggest you make a boot floppy beforehand so you can run
LILO again. Also, I only resized partitions twice, and only slid the
one, so maybe I got lucky. Backups are a good idea :) HTH

                        --Eoin

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999 16:54:07 -0500, "Greg Waugh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Wait a second... crazy idea...  has anyone ever moved a Linux installation
>using Patition Magic 4.0 for Windows?  I know it sounds crazy, but I've used
>it very successfully to move NT before and it claims to do Linux...  that's
>just another thought too...

Addressable as Bullwinkle in the
commercial domain of mostlysunny

------------------------------

Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.hardware,linux.debian.user
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (George Bonser)
Subject: Re: Soundblaser hisses under Linux
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 23:18:26 GMT

In article <bDdH2.2455$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        "A.G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> When I do modprobe sb, the modules load w/o any errors, and I hear quite
> annoying hiss comming from the speakers.

Try this:

reboot the system. At the lilo boot: prompt, assuming your boot image is called
Linux type the following:

boot: Linux append="no-hlt"

Reload the modules and see if the hissing goes away.  If it does, it is likely
caused by the cpu coming in and out of "halt on idle" ... probably due to
network traffic appearing at the ethernet (or it could be caused by speaker
cables too near your video or network cables). Do you also hear the hissing
when you move the mouse?

Anyhow, if that fixes it ... live with it if you can because running the
machine in this mode makes the CPU a lot hotter and the machine less stable.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 14:14:52 -0800
From: Robert Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Looking for Xlib.h

JK wrote:

> In which RedHat package can I find the <Xlib.h> file?
>
> Thank you

On my system:

[user@ravel user]$ rpm -qf /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h
XFree86-devel-3.3.1-14

There's probably a more recent rpm.

Bob L.
--
Robert Lynch-Berkeley CA [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.best.com/~rmlynch/

------------------------------

From: "Jeffrey S. Kline" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.linux,alt.os.linux,comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.admin,comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.os.linux.questions,linux.redhat.misc
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 19:45:41 -0600

Actually...

Thats all I ever do. I use MC (midnight commander), and tag and copy files
and dir's over to floppies, by dir and only the ones I really need that I've
changed or added. I also make sure there is at least 2 hard drives in the
box. Then I mount that drive, formatted as ext2 of course, and just drag
copies of all homes and other important stuff that isn't backed up, and that
wont fit on floppies over there and have them available to restore
afterwards.

Another would be to use one of those parallel port Zip drives and fdisk and
format a few carts for it and do the backups to it. Since owning one of
these, they come in handy and you can make genuine ext2 zip cartriges out of
the regulars and they are reliable and nice to have on hand. If you need
help, holler and I'll pass on the proceedure to install the driver, make
them, mount and unmount them. I do it all the time and it's rather embedded
in my cranial.

Only copy the system stuff you need such as a few of the files in the /etc
folder and /usr. Even the /dev dir is recreated with standard stuff when you
install new.  The rest of it is also recreated when you install new system.
If you are doing things right, any changes you made to kernal and other
stuff such as terminfo, etc., you kept a log of this so you can mimik it on
the new one right??!!! When done, just use mc, and drag em' back on there
and restart.

Jeff

Brett W. McCoy wrote in message ...
>On Mon, 15 Mar 1999 15:04:28 -0500, Greg Waugh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>Hey fellow Linux users!  I'm going to be moving my current RedHat 5.2
Linux

------------------------------

From: Estela Valle Pendon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Printing with low quality in HP Deskjet 670c
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 11:13:54 +0100

Hello to everyone:

Could anyone help me ? I'd like to print with a low quality in a HP
Deskjet 670C. I don't know how to do it. I have Debian Linux 2.0. Please
answer me.

Thank you.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Starwars Trailer
Date: 15 Mar 1999 22:48:19 GMT

In his obvious haste, Daniel Duque Campayo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled thusly:
: Hi, Im trying to see the new starwars trailer and it uses a codec that
: xanim doesn't support. Do you know if there is any program for Linux
: which support Sorenson codec (E18).

I got it working on Xanim on this sun.... Partly...
It came up with a long list of error messages, and then started, very
slowely (it's an old sun), with no sound....

Maybe the version of Xanim on these machines isn't the most up to date...
(Not sure)
|[EMAIL PROTECTED]|                                                 |
|     Andrew Halliwell     | "ARSE! GERLS!! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!!!"          |
|      Finalist in:-       | "THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER!...FECK!!!! |
|     Computer Science     | - Father Jack in "Father Ted"                   |
|GCv3.12 GCS>$ d-(dpu) s+/- a C++ US++ P L/L+ E-- W+ N++ o+ K PS+  w-- M+/++ |
|PS+++ PE- Y t+ 5++ X+/X++ R+ tv+ b+ DI+ D+ G e>e++ h/h+ !r!| Space for hire |

From: Denis Goddard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.x
Subject: Re: Gnome 1.0 bugs
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:18:01 -0800

I believe I have traced the problem a little further, any insight much
appreciated, please read on ...

Alexander Sirotkin wrote:

> Just installed GNOME 1.0 on my RH 5.2 system
 [...snip]
> gftp: error in loading shared libraries
> /usr/lib/libgdk-1.2.so.0: undefined symbol: __register_frame_info

I'm getting the same error, only it happens when I invoke gnome-session or
panel. And neither command actually reported which .so contained the
unresolved symbol.

So, I did 'ldd gnome-session' and ran 'rpm -Vf' on each shared lib.
All of the libraries verified okay, except the imlib package.

Now, those packages' errors were reported as just "permissions" errors;
rpm -Vf /usr/lib/libgdk_imlib.so.1
.M......   /usr/lib/libImlib.so.1
.M......   /usr/lib/libgdk_imlib.so.1
.M......   /usr/lib/libimlib-bmp.so.0
.M......   /usr/lib/libimlib-gif.so.0
.M......   /usr/lib/libimlib-jpeg.so.0
.M......   /usr/lib/libimlib-png.so.0
.M......   /usr/lib/libimlib-ppm.so.0
.M......   /usr/lib/libimlib-ps.so.0
.M......   /usr/lib/libimlib-tiff.so.0
.M......   /usr/lib/libimlib-xpm.so.0

So, I ran rpm with the flag to fix permissions. No luck. The 'rpm' command
ran fine, but upon re-running the verify, the same errors were reported.
I tried removing the libgdk package (-e --nodeps) and reinstalling it.
After reinstalling, verify shows the same problem; it reports permissions
being incorrect somehow.

Now, each of these files are symlinks owned by root, permission bits 0777.
Each of the .so files they point to are real files owned by root, bits=0755
I can 'strings' the symlink and the referenced .so okay, so I know the OS
can actually read the file.

I had rpm check the crc and length on the imlib RPM file, and it
checked out clean (correct crc and length).

The version of imlib is imlib-1.9.4-1 for the i386 architecture, as spec'd
on the gnome.org start instructions for RH 5.2

If it might matter, my machine is an AMD K6-2 300MHz, 64 MB RAM.
Video card is Creative Graphics Blaster Exxtreme.
I've installed XFree86-3.3.3.1 with no problem and have been running X
using the RH default fvwm window manager. That all seems to be working
fine.

I know, I know... I should download the sources and compile for myself
and trace the unresolved reference down that way... and I will, unless
someone has already nailed this bug.

Although I'd still like to know why rpm reports the permissions being in
error, even after running rpm with the flag to fix permissions.
I've opened a ticket with RedHat; if anyone's interested, I'll post their
response.

Thanks for any help!
-Denis
--
     __  __  _  __     __
~~~~(__)|-< /-\(__ |__(-_ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

------------------------------

From: Miernik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: thkb: How to make an .mp3 from an .wav?
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 22:24:40 +0000

        Miernik   /   / mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 /   / tel.(pager): +48 642 222 864
________________/___/ http://www.elka.pw.edu.pl/fundusz/miernik/

------------------------------

Crossposted-To: comp.emacs
Subject: Re: binary Emacs 20.x for i386?
From: Johan Kullstam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 15 Mar 1999 20:56:52 -0500

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Johan Kullstam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>   > what is a DOC file?
>
> It contains documentation for built-in functions and variables (as
> accessible via C-h f and C-h v).  The file resides in the directory
> named by the variable doc-directory, probably
> /usr/share/emacs/20.3/etc.
>
> (Err, the file is named `DOC' or possibly `DOC-20.3.1', that's why I
> said DOC file.)

ok thanks.  fwiw, C-h f and C-h v work just fine for me.  i installed
all the emacs parts including sources.  it may be that some people
just install the base and don't get all they need.

--
                                           J o h a n  K u l l s t a m
                                           [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

------------------------------

From: fernando <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Some questions
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 20:49:50 +0500

John Appleyard wrote:

> A few easy ones
>
> (1)  If I 'cat' a binary file by mistake, I often end up with a garbaged
> system - all messages and prompts are translated into Klingon  - or
> something like it.  How do I recover without rebooting?  Even exit
> doesn't fix it.

<CONTROL>j reset <CONTROL>j

> (2)  I've set up Samba and it works fine, but I have to start it
> manually every time I log on?  Where should I put the "smb start"
> command?  (SuSE 6.0)

Not sure about suse but in redhat i wrote a small script under
/etc/rc.d/rc2.d/S99samba and put all what i needed there

> (3)  I have a vfat disk mounted, but can't write to it, except as root.
> Somebody suggested that I specify 'user' in /etc/fstab, and that sort of
> works - if I umount and mount it again, I can write to it, but how can I
> avoid the need to do that?

I dunno ...
You can write another script at /etc/rc.d/rcX.d to umount/mount it
Just an idea

> (4)  I've got a Freeserve connection working, and I can browse the web
> to my heart's content, but I'd like to do email and news too.  The SuSE
> chapter of sendmail seems awfully complicated - do I really have to go
> through all that?

You do not need sendmail.  Sendmail is only if you will receive mail
directly to your box (some kind of mail server).
Just install the clients, configurate them and use them (I personally
use Netscape to surf, read mail and use NG).

> TIA
> --
> John Appleyard             [EMAIL PROTECTED]      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This are my personal opinions
Real email: sanabriaf at yahoo dot com

------------------------------

From: "Jeffrey S. Kline" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.os.linux,comp.os.linux.help,linux.redhat.misc
Subject: Re: Auto login ?
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 19:58:43 -0600

Nasty security hole doing it that way. If you put in your processes in
/etc/rc.d/init.d or one of the other culprits, and leave it at that. You
don't want an open account on there if no one is actually using it. Besides,
if an account is not open, then a terminal isn't open and a set of resources
isnt being used.

Jeff

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:16:34 -0800
From: William O'Neal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: decent pop mail client othern than netscape...

...does anyone know of any decent **free** pop mail clients other than
netscape?

thanks,

wil

--

MulchMagazine (www.mulchmag.com)

"Cause the world doesn't need any more humble Negroes."

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (James Timberlake)
Subject: Telnet with RH 5.2 and Win98
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 23:50:43 GMT

I have RedHat 5.2 installed with WindowMaker and Gnome.  XFree86 works
fine on it.  i tried telneting to my linux box from a friends Win98
box.  i am able to telnet to it and do everthing in text-mode, but
when i try running X Window everyhing hangs.  Is there something
special i have to do to make it work or maybe should i get a new Win98
telnet client?

thanks,
James

------------------------------

From: Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Newbie - ZIP DRIVE QUESTION
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 18:58:29 -0700

"Jess C. Gehin" wrote:

> By "system properties" I assume that you are refering to Windows?
>
> ATAPI and IDE mean the same thing, so the issue is whether you
>
> have an internal SCSI or ATAPI drive.  Did the system properties
>
> indicate if you have a SCSI adapter.  If not, then by process of
>
> elimination it must be ATAPI.

Not quite, ide stands for "integrated developpement environnement" where
atapi stands for "ata packet interface" cd-roms typically use atapi,
hard drives don't (there will undoutably be other things that use atapi)
(If I screwed up on something please correct me).

> By the way, either interface should work with Linux without any
>
> problems.
>
> Greg wrote:
>
> > I have an internal ZIP drive, but I can't figure out what type I have.
>
> > SCSI, ATAPI, IDE.
>

> > In system properties all it says is IOMEGA ZIP 100. How can I find out
>
> > which one I have?
>

> > Thanks
>
> > GK
>
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>                   http://www.searchlinux.com

change soon?) is because my sister is using the linux box. But, this
message did travel through my linux firewall.

------------------------------

From: fernando <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Mysterious bug
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 21:04:58 +0500

A "lost" pointer ?

Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 18:50:14 +0000
From: Adrian Fretwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Terminal not fully functional... Help!

I have just upgraded from RH5.0 to RH5.2 but I now seem to have a
terminal type problem.
If I type "man ls " for example I get a message saying:

WARNING: terminal is not fully functional - (press RETURN)

Some of my textmode applications just core dump, I think this may be
related to the problem.
Any ideas as to what the problem is or what I can do to fix it?

Many Thanks
Adrian Fretwell

From: Pavel Greenfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.networking,comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: One-way Cable Modem
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 21:17:33 -0500

I'm reposting my own letter hoping that someone who knows an answer to
this question will notice this post...

Thanks!

Pavel